Quick Question on IRS

wlg101190

Established Member
Is there any guide online or anything that explains how to unbolt the entire IRS assembly and get it dropped? Thanks!

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
It is 4 bolts, 2 behind the rear wheels and 2 under the car. Just hang the calipers, disconnect e-brake cable, and unbolt the driveshaft, 4 bolts out and waa-laa.

Oh yeah get the exhaust out the way too...it is really simply once you get under there and get eyes on.

wlg101190

Established Member
So, once I get the exhaust off, remove the driveshaft bolts, and take off rear calipers / just leaving them hanging, I just unbolt 4 bolts and I it will come right out?

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
a motorcyle jack would be a good investment. getting it out is easy, but a short wide jack will make lifting and lining it up much easier. a couple cheap furniture dollys make moving it very easy

forcefedcobra

Established Member
So, once I get the exhaust off, remove the driveshaft bolts, and take off rear calipers / just leaving them hanging, I just unbolt 4 bolts and I it will come right out?

dont forget to unbolt the shocks from either the LCA's or from inside the trunk.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Didn't you read the seven pages of instructions that came with the kit? :shrug:

:dw:

I was under the impression you were only suppose to read the instructions after the job was done :read: You mean to tell me I've been doing it wrong all these years? :eek:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wouldn't the '03-'04 Mustang Service Manual be a help? IMO it's a must have since you can get it so cheap.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Wouldn't the '03-'04 Mustang Service Manual be a help? IMO it's a must have since you can get it so cheap.

I agree everyone should have one but with Bruce's instructions you really dont need it when it comes to R&R of his bushing kit.

2ndGearPull

Going Down So Smooth!
Established Member
The directions are ok but a better step by step for the 1st timer with these cars would be alot easier. Just from my experience with my car.

03yellow

Established Member
Can you make the putting in a solid sound just as easy?:banana:

It is 4 bolts, 2 behind the rear wheels and 2 under the car. Just hang the calipers, disconnect e-brake cable, and unbolt the driveshaft, 4 bolts out and waa-laa.

Oh yeah get the exhaust out the way too...it is really simply once you get under there and get eyes on.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Have not purchased the kit yet, but I am trying to before the price increase July 1st.

The kit price is only going up $20.00 to $595 so it's not a big deal. We never adjusted the price when the front diff mounts went through the new redesign. We also have not adjusted for the additional anodizing charge.

No worries, it will still be the best design and value available on the market today.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

SlowSVT

Established Member
That only counts for the kid's toys at Christmas! :p

Ya know, come to think of it I aways wondered why those delrin thingies didn't look quite right supporting my alternator :??: I think I need to skim thru those instructions again and see if I overlooked something.

:read:

Users who are viewing this thread