Quick question for you Shelby guys

perry2k12

Established Member
I had a quick question for you Shelby guys. I am in class to become an auto technician and my entire class says that the Shelby mustang from 2007-2013 is considered a Cobra since they have the Cobra emblem... So I guess my question is... Do you guys own COBRA mustangs or SHELBY mustangs? Is there a difference of are they the same thing?

rwboring

Established Member
03-04 were cobras... the new ones from ford are considered "Shelby GT500 Mustang" go to fordvehicles.com and "build your own"... i also dont think the word cobra is anywhere on my car....

last... take a close look and it doesn't say cobra
2013-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-rear-emblems.jpg

2013-Ford-Shelby-Mustang-GT500-emblem.jpg

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
They are SHelby's. The Termies are Cobra's.
The entire Cobra emblem came about to note that the Mustang in question was not a common Mustang and it had BITE to it. Thus the Cobra emblem came to represent the Shelby mustangs as they were the modded Mustang with bite, or in some cases, the ones that were Supercharged.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
This is Harsh. Let's not start sounding like retired corvette owners here on the way to the country club.

But yes, we own Shelby's, although people call my car a cobra all the time and I usually just roll with it.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
The cars don't say Ford, Mustang or Cobra. Only Shelby and GT500. The only reference to Mustang I have found on my car is the horse on the top center area of the windshield.

rwboring

Established Member
The cars don't say Ford, Mustang or Cobra. Only Shelby and GT500. The only reference to Mustang I have found on my car is the horse on the top center area of the windshield.

13's have it in the center screen also... only 2 places i know of for them

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
I had a quick question for you Shelby guys. I am in class to become an auto technician and my entire class says that the Shelby mustang from 2007-2013 is considered a Cobra since they have the Cobra emblem... So I guess my question is... Do you guys own COBRA mustangs or SHELBY mustangs? Is there a difference of are they the same thing?

So, ask your classmates if the 1967 Shelby GT500 has a cobra emblem on it, does that mean it's not a Shelby?:shrug:

shelbysvt

Established Member

The car says FORD right on the faux cap lol

fullboogie

Established Member
I'd say that generally speaking, most Ford guys think of Termis and AC Cobras as "Cobras" and our cars as "Shelby" and "GT500". Just my observation.

Users who are viewing this thread