Quick fix for Radio bezel - a/c vent rattle on 03-04 Cobras and others

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
There are some other threads from 2010 covering dash rattle remedies if you just search "dash rattle" in the search window top right. I noticed this in a thread that instructed a different remedy, and decided to try it. So far so good. No more rattle (at least that rattle. Mine's a vert so there are plenty of other rattles)

Picked up some 5/32" window screen spline at the hardware store (smallest they had). It says "black" but it is the exact same color as the charcoal interior. They sell it by the foot. I bought four feet thinking I would insert it all the way around both sides and the top of the radio bezel, but it wouldn't fit in the top two corners, so I cut it to fit just the top gap and pressed it in.

Here's the 5/32nd window screen spline.
IMG_0441.jpg

Short length of spline inserted in place. Rattle is gone, and if you don't like how it looks yank it out, get some RTV sealant, and follow the instructions in this thread. They did a good job.
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/dash-radio-bezel-vents-rattle-fix.689831/

IMG_0442.jpg

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
I use the soft side of Velcro all around the area of the radio bezel that touches the dash pad. I also use electrical tape around the clips to tighten their hold. Works like a charm, even in a vert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread