Quick drag tire question

ITS STOCK

Established Member
i have some 16" v6 mustang wheels with hoosier qtp 26/9.5

i want to get a set of mt et streets 26/10.5 to replaced them. the hoosers have plenty of tread left. is it worth is to switch over , or will it hook the same? and will they fit?

another question is that i have some greg weld 17/4.5 front runners. what tire do i run on them. bias ply, non bias ply?

keep in mind i really want to be able to drive to the track and back , about 20-30 miles round trip.

ITS STOCK

Established Member
well ordered the mand h bias ply front runners.

will i be ok for the round trip to the track and back?

03VenomBite

Established Member
I bought the runners (non bias ply), the sales man said they were better for reg. roads! He also said if i run a radial in the back to run a radial up font and the same if its a bias ply. I have heard that the hoosier hook harder. I have mt streets, I got such a good deal on them I couldn't pass them up! I will try hoosier next.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I bought the runners (non bias ply), the sales man said they were better for reg. roads! He also said if i run a radial in the back to run a radial up font and the same if its a bias ply. I have heard that the hoosier hook harder. I have mt streets, I got such a good deal on them I couldn't pass them up! I will try hoosier next.

The Hoosiers hook harder than what?

I run consistent 1.50-1.53 on a 4,000 pound car on a set of drag radials. Uh, that's hooking. It's cut a best of a 1.48. You need better than that???

And yes, you really shouldn't run bias/radial combos. I have but it can be a thrill ride.

I'm running the M&H 325/50/15 in the back and the 17" drag radial in the front.

bj

Users who are viewing this thread