Quick Disconnect Front Bumper Setup?

WannaWhine

Alaskan Steed
Established Member
Just wondering if anyone has ever seen a setup that allowed for simple and fast removals of the front bumper?

The rake of my car makes it somewhat difficult to get a jack under the front of the car and sometimes I don't have something to drive it up on. I'm sure guys with twin turbo setups probably like the ease of removal as well.

Has anyone ever seen a reasonable setup? I'm installing my carbon fiber hood soon and using some aero latches which got the ideas going in my head.

Thanks in advance!

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
I've thought about doing just plastic push pins, and wing nuts on the sides.

But that kind of defeats the purpose of what you want.

I like what Rudders has going on. I'm just afraid that it will look awkward on anything but black.

Rudders331cobra

Established Member
I've thought about doing just plastic push pins, and wing nuts on the sides.

But that kind of defeats the purpose of what you want.

I like what Rudders has going on. I'm just afraid that it will look awkward on anything but black.

I think you can get them color matched. Don't hold me to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speeddemon2000

Established Member
I took the factory jack and cut the handle off. I use it to with a socket and wrench to get the car high enough to jack.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Considering what you're trying to accomplish, for $95.00 buy these low profile race ramps.
upload_2017-8-12_8-25-36.png

They're designed for lowered front ends so that you can get enough clearance for your floor jack. IMO they're much safe than 2X8s (which might slide). And you won't mess up the aesthetics of your front end with fasteners that are going to be visible no matter what you do with them. The ramps are 30" long x 12" wide x 3" tall. And you won't have to remove your bumper every time you want to use a jack. Consider the cost/benefit of this option.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Considering what you're trying to accomplish, for $95.00 buy these low profile race ramps.
View attachment 429336

They're designed for lowered front ends so that you can get enough clearance for your floor jack. IMO they're much safe than 2X8s (which might slide). And you won't mess up the aesthetics of your front end with fasteners that are going to be visible no matter what you do with them. The ramps are 30" long x 12" wide x 3" tall. And you won't have to remove your bumper every time you want to use a jack. Consider the cost/benefit of this option.

I bought the full set of race ramps for my car with the extensions to clear the chin spoiler and honestly Im thinking i should have just bought something like this and just keep using the jack and jack stands. Getting all 4 pieces out of the corner and getting em all lined up correctly isnt a whole lot faster (although I did cheat - last time I took a sharpie and outlined em on the garage floor for quick setup)

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have a pair of ramps made out of 2x8's. I double stacked so I have a total of 4" of lift at the top. I stapled rubber pieces used for lining the bottom of tool box drawers. No slip issues with them.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread