Questions about my setup

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
Belt size and fuel pump question

Hey guys, wanna start off saying I've definitely used the search function haha, probably ten times more than most question askers. I have gotten so far as to set up a 2.95/4# pulley combo, with a 3.7 alternator pulley. I would have rather gotten a 3.2, but the deal I got came with the 3.7 (thanks to Robertp!)

Now a few things, my car is hardly driven, around 300 miles a year, and most of it is cruising, with the odd rip here and there.

I just wonder a few things:

1. What size belt would I need with these pulleys? I've looked on stangshiftergaskets (thanks cobrabob!) but I can't seem to find the setup with a 3.7, only with a 3.2 alternator pulley. With an idler pulley I also can't find it. (I'd need a 92 I assume bc I heard the 100 will not have enough clearance with the 2.95 upper?)

2. Do I really need an idler pulley when I don't drive for long periods of time? Not sure if the grenading of the pulleys is due to long term abuse or just the high speed of rotation.

3. With just a 2.95/4#, Catback, O/R H, and a tune, I shouldn't need an MAF upgrade nor fuel upgrade do I? From what I've learned there are varying opinions on the subject. Some run much more aggressive setups with stock systems, while some need to upgrade with like an upper only.

4. What do you guys predict numbers wise? I'll be taking the car to the dyno to ensure that everything is in proper order etc... and shortly after I'll be running it at the track (granny shifting FTW!) so gimme a guess on what you think I'll run!

Thanks guys! SVTP has always held a wealth of knowledge for me to soak up, hope it continues on that path :beer:

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Do you have data logging capability?

Have you logged fuel pump duty cycle?

Have you logged MAF counts?

Maxed pumps and pegged MAF will both on their own, produce a MASSIVE WOT LEAN OUT!

IMHO anyone running a lower without MAF and fuel pump help is dancing with...

DSCN1463.jpg

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
Haha thanks jimmy, I'm going to be datalogging the car etc, but just want to get some opinions beforehand. Though you're warning is definitely not going unheeded. Problem is I don't see getting an MAF/or extender and BAP/new fuel system by the start of the winter. Maybe I'll just have to be patient, but that is not in my personality lol!

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
Anyone know anything about a belt size with this setup?

Also I datalogged last night to check the injector duty cycle and fp duty cycle and both appear maxed out. How can this be with my simple mods. Upper only, and a large upper at that?! Could my tune need adjustment? I don't see how it's possible to max the stock fuel system at what my power level should be unless I am making way more than most?! I'm not against getting a bap and maf but damn!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Anyone know anything about a belt size with this setup?

Also I datalogged last night to check the injector duty cycle and fp duty cycle and both appear maxed out. How can this be with my simple mods. Upper only, and a large upper at that?! Could my tune need adjustment? I don't see how it's possible to max the stock fuel system at what my power level should be unless I am making way more than most?! I'm not against getting a bap and maf but damn!

Don't buy injectors until you know you will be near 530 rwhp.

Buying a MAF or MAFia early or a BAP is NEVER a bad idea.
Make sure you are always able to deliver more fuel than the tune will ever ask for.
That's called fuel delivery head room, and is an effective means of preventing detonation that is far too often overlooked.

Detonation caused by excessive heat is next most often overlooked.

Users who are viewing this thread