Questions about going TT and supporting mods

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
So in the future I may go TT, I'm trying to get some leg work and research done. What boost a pump do you guys prefer? Would you prefer a different one vs being supercharged? Boost referenced, etc? Would the KB 40A be sufficient?

Secondly, I'm trying to figure out a gauge setup (wideband and boost). I've always liked the Aeroforce gauges, and it seems an extra sensor isn't needed for them to read wideband AFRs. Can I just buy the boost transducer and read boost and AFRs and have it cycle through other parameteres as needed? Basically, I'm not sure which bank o2 you'd read off of and if the stock "wideband" is very accurate or should I go with something like an innovate, etc.

More questions to come, so I'll bump this thread as neccessary.

pohnjarker

Established Member
i have a JMS BAP from the recommendation of my tuner, Shaun at AED.

not 100% sure on the guages, i have an Aeroforce vent gauge but its not set up yet. sub'd for info on that.

CSG

Established Member
I also did the JMS. I set the switch to come in early (low boost) and set the ramp rate in the middle position (.5 seconds).

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The boost referenced is the preferred on these cars, a few have burned up pumps on the static ones.

We use the boost referenced on most of our local installs

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
So in the future I may go TT, I'm trying to get some leg work and research done. What boost a pump do you guys prefer? Would you prefer a different one vs being supercharged? Boost referenced, etc? Would the KB 40A be sufficient?

Secondly, I'm trying to figure out a gauge setup (wideband and boost). I've always liked the Aeroforce gauges, and it seems an extra sensor isn't needed for them to read wideband AFRs. Can I just buy the boost transducer and read boost and AFRs and have it cycle through other parameteres as needed? Basically, I'm not sure which bank o2 you'd read off of and if the stock "wideband" is very accurate or should I go with something like an innovate, etc.

More questions to come, so I'll bump this thread as neccessary.

The universal Vortech one or the KB 40amp ones are fine. Never had an isssue with either.

With guages. All you need is a controller (shows boost and vacuum) and a wideband. Only ones we recommend and need. You would put it in your downstream bung or any place you would like to put it. We have seen the same results no matter where it's placed.

Go Fast Bits or AMS1000 for the controller

Autometer or AEM wideband's work well. Honestly... everything else is just extra.

Last edited by a moderator:

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
i guess thats what im asking. is the factory wideband that the aeroforce would read not true wideband, or not as accurate? i used my aeroforce on my caliber srt4 to read boost and afr's. but on american muscles site, theres not an option for the wideband o2 sensor for the aeroforce bc it says 11+ cars have factory widebands?

Users who are viewing this thread