Question on TOB sleeve...

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
I replaced my clutch and pressure plate with the Centerforce DF 10 spline kit. I resurfaced my stock flywheel and I replaced the TOB, and added the fire-wall adjuster, quadrant, and free-play kit.

Now 4k miles later my TOB is squealing like a mother ****er again!:mj:

I'm sure the clutch is fine because it's only been in the car for about 4k miles with no hard driving, and the TOB has just started squealing so it shouldn't be that bad.

I'm gonna get the Centerforce TOB and Lethal's forged retainer sleeve so that shit won't crack anymore. Do you guys think that'll fix the problems and stop it from happening again?
Thx :beer:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
TOB's for these cars can be a bit tempremental. I believe the Centerforce TOB is the same as the Ford TOB. I have yet to hear of a certain brand of TOB that has eliminated all issues in this area. But, a new one with the upgraded sleeve should certainly minimize your chances of it happening again anytime soon.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
my tob just came apart in pieces and seized onto the tube. ball bearings and other carnage came out of the inspection cover

i have read that timken bearings use a different design and material than stock - can anyone confirm? i heard it is better

the stock tob is a pos

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
The 1st replacement TOB i bought was the "new" Ford Heavy Duty TOB. That went out after 5k miles so last night I ordered the Ceneterforce TOB and Letha's sleeve. Im gonna put it on asap and hopefully I wont have any mor problems.

Im suprised the replacement TOB went out even with all the other mods I have for the tranny/clutch adjustment. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread