Question on rotors

thenarb

Established Member
Does anybody have any experience with Ebay rotors. There seems to be quite a few different F/R sets for under $300 and some under $200.

They look good, most all of the sets have some sort of anti-rust paint and are cross drilled/sloted. Im just wondering if they actually hold up after time.

Thanks,
Brandon

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
I have a set of mystery cross drilled and slotted rotors on my Cobra, I assumed they were Brembo's because they're the only ones I found that make cross drilled and slotted replacement rotors that look like mine for the Cobra, but maybe they're these Ebay ones...
Can you post a link or a good picture of the Ebay specials and I'll tell you if they look like mine.

MAXX RS4

Established Member
I got a set of rotors from ebay last summer because 2 calipers siezed up on me and toasted 2 rotors. I was in a money crisis and couldnt go out and buy some nice brembos..

I gotta say, I like them A LOT. I'm am extremely impressed with these rotors. I thought they'd warp easily or even crack. But I've been using them for about 10 months now, through the winter as well. I do some heavy breaking and I do 100% city driving as well. They're still even shiny!

I think I paid like $250 for all 4 shipped to my door.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I'm gonna say a few things.

1. if you open track stay away from crossdrilled/sloted rotors unless you spend serious $$$ on a complete kit.

2. they look good on a street driven car.

3 brakes are one of the most important things on your car, Why does everyone want to get off cheap? LOL

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I agree with STAMPEDE3, Cross drilled and slotted rotors look good however, they are not needed for street driven cars and are way over-rated. Stick with Brembo replacements, very good quality, high nickel content so they don't look like crap in a couple weeks and they can be had for about $60 a piece. Most of the cheap rotors are going to rust and look like @ss in a very short time.

I think I got my Brembos from Auto Parts Giant online.
http://www.autopartsgiant.com/CAT_FRAMEX.cfm

thenarb

Established Member
MAXX thanks for the info, thats what I was looking for.

STAMPEDE3 not trying to get off cheap, I just need something that wont rust, and I dont see why I should spend $500 plus on a set of rotors. The car only gets driven on the weekends around town.

My rotors look like shit right now and I just got done painting my calipers. Now you can really tell how bad they look. The ones on ebay have some type of rust preventing coating so thats why I thought about getting those.

na svt thanks for the link, ill have to look into that.

Brandon

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
thenarb said:
STAMPEDE3 not trying to get off cheap, I just need something that wont rust, and I dont see why I should spend $500 plus on a set of rotors. The car only gets driven on the weekends around town.

My rotors look like shit right now and I just got done painting my calipers. Now you can really tell how bad they look. The ones on ebay have some type of rust preventing coating so thats why I thought about getting those.

Brandon

The cheap thing is kind of a joke, You'll see a lot of post like
"Best brakes cheap, where can I get them?"

The rotors you're looking at are fine for a daily driver/weekend car.
Just keep it for street use with them.

Black Stang 97

Established Member
i got mine form rotorpros a few months ago and no problems here.... heres a pic of them.....
newpisturessssssssssssss.gif

99gtstinger

Established Member
thenarb said:
Does anybody have any experience with Ebay rotors. There seems to be quite a few different F/R sets for under $300 and some under $200.

They look good, most all of the sets have some sort of anti-rust paint and are cross drilled/sloted. Im just wondering if they actually hold up after time.

Thanks,
Brandon

brandon--i bought a set of cross-drilled and slotted rotors WITH ceramic brake pads off of ebay for like $220 shipped to my door (f&r) and i couldnt really be happier..i mean they look badass (no one can tell what brand they are)..with the ceramic pads i barely get any dust..and they dont rust unless there's heavy rain and after it stops i just take it around the block and rust is gone..in terms of stopping power..more than likely its worse then brembos but it feels responsive to me and i always stop in time..and i brake pretty hard and its been about 3 months now with no problems...
5ca3fcaadc.jpg

355798d2ee.jpg

so if you're low on cash--i suggest going for it..and then down the road get the high quality expensive ones

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
i have Summit d/s rotors. i have had them on since march. no complaints here, no rusting either.

Users who are viewing this thread