Question on JLT CAI's

REDSTALION

Established Member
I'm thinking of getting a JLT CAI for my stock 14' GT500, but not sure which one to go with, should i go with the CF 127mm or 148mm?

Is the 148mm too big for a stock car (will it cause any issue's)?

reason i'm asking about the 148mm is i dont like to redo things and want a CAI that will support furture mod's/plans (aiming for 800rwhp).

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
The 148 is too much w/ no other mods. Pick up a used 127 in the classifieds, when the time comes to upgrade sell it and pick up the 148.

Last edited:

Sultan AQ

Established Member
This is the difference between the JLT 127 and 155 done by Khalaf alsaeed from Kuwait. Screen shot 2015-01-22 at 8.02.54 PM.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I run the 155 but it can be finicky for low speed MAF signal, really takes a custom tuning session.
The 127 has been proven to support 800rwhp.
The 145/155 SBA will likely add some power, BUT you will sacrifice some low-speed manners.
How long will you be waiting to make 800+rwhp?
If its a few years out, go with the proven 127mm now and upgrade if it becomes a restriction later.
-J

REDSTALION

Established Member
The 148 is too much w/ no other mods. Pick up a used 127 in the classifieds, when the time comes to upgrade sell it and pick up the 148.

I'll look around for a used one, thanks.

This is the difference between the JLT 127 and 155 done by Khalaf alsaeed from Kuwait. View attachment 33938

I Have seen that on IG, but my car is stock, so probably I'll switch to the 155 after few mods.

I run the 155 but it can be finicky for low speed MAF signal, really takes a custom tuning session.
The 127 has been proven to support 800rwhp.
The 145/155 SBA will likely add some power, BUT you will sacrifice some low-speed manners.
How long will you be waiting to make 800+rwhp?
If its a few years out, go with the proven 127mm now and upgrade if it becomes a restriction later.
-J

Thanks man, that's exactly the info I was looking for.

Van@RevanRacing

That's what I thought originally but others say no it does not????

It does require a tune for a larger MAF Area.

With that said..........JLT is discontinuing the Carbon Fiber 127MM and Carbon Fiber 155MM CAI. Short story they had an issue with a supplier and opted to stop making it.

The 123MM Plastic will now be the entry level standard for all GT500's and frankly, works pretty damn well and nobody is going to miss 4 MM. Maybe the appearance but not the 4 mm.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

With that said..........JLT is discontinuing the Carbon Fiber 127MM and Carbon Fiber 155MM CAI. Short story they had an issue with a supplier and opted to stop making it.

The 123MM Plastic will now be the entry level standard for all GT500's and frankly, works pretty damn well and nobody is going to miss 4 MM. Maybe the appearance but not the 4 mm.

Thanks for clearing that up. Price of a used 127 cf will probably hold fast then.

Blackdevil77

Established Member

Uh oh… When are they gonna stop selling the 127mm?

Last edited:

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Yes sir. That's the one. Damn. They show that thing for $519 and $50 off with free shipping for $469.99. LOL The product normally is priced $459 plus shipping. I'd be happy to work with you on a throttle body and tune and/or tuner if needed.

Van

Okay cool. I just ordered it. I googled a coupon code and got it for $459 with free shipping lol.

Absolutely, now I just have to get the throttle body and tuner from you. I'm looking to buy in very early spring. I still have a couple of questions I'll ask you over the phone.

Kel

Established Member
Okay cool. I just ordered it. I googled a coupon code and got it for $459 with free shipping lol.

Absolutely, now I just have to get the throttle body and tuner from you. I'm looking to buy in very early spring. I still have a couple of questions I'll ask you over the phone.

I just sent/received a PM from American Muscle - they had 3 left in stock as of this morning. Blackdevil77 got his, I ordered one and they will only have 1 more available now. Thanks for the heads up!

Kel

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
BPS's shop car goes 9.95 with a 123mm maf and tube.

The 148-155 are not needed.

I guarantee you will pick up some power if you swap to a 148mm JLT or 140mm CJ/JDM.
That being said, yes you can still run the number or make big power with the 123/127.
The trade-off is more the MAF signal/driveability is potentially worse with the big tubes.
Anything close to 800rwhp will benefit from the big tubes, but also need a custom calibration for idle/driveability.
-J

MstyBlu

Established Member
*BrunotheBoxer* How much hp gain with the 127 Without a tune? *07 Black Beauty;14659499 said:
* It definitely requires a tune.

I am running a 127mm JLT with no issues at all, (after start up it went through a learning process maybe 2 min).
I talked to my SVT dealer and he said programing was not necessary if that is all that I have done.

Users who are viewing this thread