Question on injector duty cycle (datalogging)

perry2k12

Established Member
I'm pretty new to the whole datalogging thing still but I have a concern just by looking over the numbers. I'm using Livelink 6.3 with my xcal 2 and was datalogging tonight to get exact numbers on my fpdc. Well it turned out to be 90% which I wasn't exactly thrilled about. But I noticed that the parameter called "pres drop f inj" had a maximum value of 60.0000. Does this mean that my 60 lb injectors are maxed out?

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
I'm pretty new to the whole datalogging thing still but I have a concern just by looking over the numbers. I'm using Livelink 6.3 with my xcal 2 and was datalogging tonight to get exact numbers on my fpdc. Well it turned out to be 90% which I wasn't exactly thrilled about. But I noticed that the parameter called "pres drop f inj" had a maximum value of 60.0000. Does this mean that my 60 lb injectors are maxed out?

Your BAP on? 90% seems high for your setup to me.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Injector Duty Cycle and FPDC are two different things. Your title states "injector duty cycle" and in your question you are asking about FPDC.

If your FPDC is 90%, then you still have 10% headroom. Getting up there but still a little room.

Your "pres drop f inj" is your DeltaP. This has nothing to do with your injectors maxing out. It simply is the max fuel pressure that is seen at the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor that is commanded in the tune.

If you want to log injector duty cycle, there is a seperate PID for that as well.

perry2k12

Established Member
Thanks for the responses. I kind of worded my question wrong. I was really asking about the injectors. Makes me feel a little better. How would i go about testing the BAP? It sounds high to me too considering a lot of people can run 2.3s without a pump upgrade.

perry2k12

Established Member
35. This is what Bob Kurgan told me to set it at when he sent me the base tune. We never messed with it during the actual dyno tune.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Also, just a side note,

DeltaP is the Difference in Pressure between your Manifold and the Fuel pressure at the rail.

So if your running 10lbs of boost (Manifold pressure) in order to get 40lbs of differential pressure (DeltaP) You pump is making 50psi.

-Chris

gamebred26

Established Member
how do you determine injector duty cycle? i have the sct x3 tuner on 03 cobra. there is a formula for it no? cause our ecus dont read injector duty cycle right?

gamebred26

Established Member
still never got an answer i think there is a formula to determine it though..anyone know it.

my ecu does not read injector duty cycle i am trying to figure out if they are pegged.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
still never got an answer i think there is a formula to determine it though..anyone know it.

my ecu does not read injector duty cycle i am trying to figure out if they are pegged.

if you have a returnless fuel system and SCT products- you can log injector duty cycle.

gamebred26

Established Member
negative ..i have returnless. it does NOT. id love to argue this. but again. my ECU does not have it. its a 2003 early car.

gamebred26

Established Member
sct..live link ..im telling you its something with my ecu that it does not have it. you need some formula to figure it out. just trying to find out how. my tuner had a contact for it but hes not answering.

i got fpdc..but i want to find out the dc on my 60 lbers.

Users who are viewing this thread