Question on Hellion Blower and Turbo setup.

TRBO VNM

I wouldn't recommend doing it on a stock motor. people are, but compound boost isn't something you want o just play around with. if you aren't careful, you can see over 50# pretty easy.

and it really just depends on what you are after if that kit is for you.

novi2000

Established Member
I agree with Jason, I bought ordered the hellraiser kit form Jason and just go the car bak next week. The lowest I could get the power down to was 650 rwhp and that was short shifting at 5800 rpm and 23 lbs of compounded boost. My goal was to try and keep the power down for the street because I have not done anything to the IRS yet. So it just depends on what you are willing to deal with. Based on what I have seen from my car this kit just bolting it up to your stock blower with a consevative tune would give you at least 700 rwhp at 6500 engine rpm on a very conservative dyno, if put it on one of the more higher reading dynos you can be looking at 750 - 800 rwhp. For me it was how to turn it down to 600 - 650 rwhp. If you want to make 900, 1100 and so on thats possible as well. From first hand experience I can tell you that you do get the best of both worlds. I am only seeing between 6-7 lbs from the turbos, but they are at full boost by the time the blower is at 4lbs of boost, its just crazy. The draw back is that you are going to have to deal with elevated boost levels.

-Corey

03cobrarocks

Established Member
I agree with Jason, I bought ordered the hellraiser kit form Jason and just go the car bak next week. The lowest I could get the power down to was 650 rwhp and that was short shifting at 5800 rpm and 23 lbs of compounded boost. My goal was to try and keep the power down for the street because I have not done anything to the IRS yet. So it just depends on what you are willing to deal with. Based on what I have seen from my car this kit just bolting it up to your stock blower with a consevative tune would give you at least 700 rwhp at 6500 engine rpm on a very conservative dyno, if put it on one of the more higher reading dynos you can be looking at 750 - 800 rwhp. For me it was how to turn it down to 600 - 650 rwhp. If you want to make 900, 1100 and so on thats possible as well. From first hand experience I can tell you that you do get the best of both worlds. I am only seeing between 6-7 lbs from the turbos, but they are at full boost by the time the blower is at 4lbs of boost, its just crazy. The draw back is that you are going to have to deal with elevated boost levels.

-Corey

video!!! or ban! :D

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
You can't do it with any kit that mounts the turbo(s) in the engine compartment. You need one that has em behind the bumper or someplace out of the way.
my bad, your right. i wasn't thinking about that. okay then, so Hellion or HP would be it then...

03mgmcobra

Established Member
this is nuts...

I agree with Jason, I bought ordered the hellraiser kit form Jason and just go the car bak next week. The lowest I could get the power down to was 650 rwhp and that was short shifting at 5800 rpm and 23 lbs of compounded boost. My goal was to try and keep the power down for the street because I have not done anything to the IRS yet. -Corey

what is "wrong" in the world that someone would say such a thing. god i love terminators!. i am so f'ing jealous..."{i have to de-tune my car so I can drive it on the street" wow must be nice! :rockon:

TRBO VNM

what is "wrong" in the world that someone would say such a thing. god i love terminators!. i am so f'ing jealous..."{i have to de-tune my car so I can drive it on the street" wow must be nice! :rockon:

:lol:, true. I think he has some plans so he doesn't need to "detune" it though. just gotta get that boost down for pump gas

04boostedstang

Established Member
at a minimum you should have head studs if you are using a stock motor.

I was thinking about doing it and keepeing my stock motor mainly because I don't really have the money to do much more I could save but it will take a while I mean I'm only 20...Head studs?? :shrug:

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
I mean price? on the head studs

around $300 for ARP 2000 head studs, but you have to pull the motor. I would also do ARP 2000 main studs, and ARP 2000 rod bolts, and SEC ISC Titan head gasket, if stock pistons look good leave them, if not upgrade to JE or some other type.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread