Question on coolant hose from crossover to thermostat housing

Dick Ritchie

Established Member
Hey guys,

I'm having trouble sourcing a replacement coolant hose for an 03 cobra (long one that runs from crossover to thermostat housing). LMR has one listed for 96-01 cobra and 2003-04 mach 1 but none listed for 03-04 cobras. Called them and they couldn't tell me me for if it would or wouldn't fit the 03-04 cobra. Anyone have an idea if this hose is the same for the 03-04 mach 1s as 03-04 cobras? I'm thinking due to different belt configuration for cobra the hose isnt the same but wasn't sure if anyone on here knew for sure. Thanks in advance

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
it is a good question and i am not sure, but i have bought a few of them over the years so if you need the ford part# i can probably find it for you

Dick Ritchie

Established Member
Thanks man. I appreciate it. Can't seem to find them anywhere at Ford and fear they might be discontinued (like many of the basic maintenance parts for our cars). Can't seem to track any down from aftermarket companies either (with exception of full replacement silicone kits from HPS). Kinda sucks because I have replaced every hose but this one during
Rock Auto has the hose for $10. If you want a Ford one you're probably in trouble

Thanks CJ. I didn't see it on there so I'll have to check again. I'm trying to get ford hoses (replaced all others with ford) but at this point I'll take what I can get.
it is a good question and i am not sure, but i have bought a few of them over the years so if you need the ford part# i can probably find it for you

Dick Ritchie

Established Member
Thanks man. I appreciate it. Can't seem to find them anywhere at Ford and fear they might be discontinued (like many of the basic maintenance parts for our cars). Can't seem to track any down from aftermarket companies either (with exception of full replacement silicone kits from HPS). Kinda sucks because I have replaced every hose but this one during

Thanks CJ. I didn't see it on there so I'll have to check again. I'm trying to get ford hoses (replaced all others with ford) but at this point I'll take what I can get.
Not sure if this $10 continental hose is correct one. Only 20" long and doesn't look anything closely resembling hose I need(see top hose profile in hps set picture). Think I'm SOL on this one and will have to either bite bullet and buy HPS set or go with universal hose from summit
According to LMR. This is the hose:

This picture shows the set up and clearly lists the part number for said hose.

Thanks for response man but spoke to LMR and they said they can't guarantee fit as its listed for 99-01 cobra and 03-04 mach 1 which makes sense bc the eaton belt/alternator placement supposedly affects hose routing for crossover to thermostat.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
^^^ You're probably right. They list every hose specifically, but when you click on the complete hose kit it says they no longer carry it. And the only hose in the kit that they do NOT list specifically is the one you're asking about.

Also, in the picture LMR shows the outlet for the crossover tube is pointing down (towards the ground). The crossover tube for the 03/04 the outlet points straight forward (towards the radiator). So, the hose LMR has probably will not fit an 03/04.

cj428mach

Established Member
I measured my spare one and it's probably well over 30" if it was straightened out.

This one isn't for sale as I bought all the spare hoses available I could for our cars years ago so I'd have one if I needed it.

Attachments

• 20230406_130617.jpg
    20230406_130617.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230406_130622.jpg
    20230406_130622.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230406_130718.jpg
    20230406_130718.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 62

Dick Ritchie

Established Member
I measured my spare one and it's probably well over 30" if it was straightened out.

This one isn't for sale as I bought all the spare hoses available I could for our cars years ago so I'd have one if I needed it.
Thanks CJ. Smart man snatching up that hose back then. As mentioned before the parts for these cars are becoming rarer by the day as ford continues to scale back replacement parts for 03-04s. This hose on my 03 is ok for now but figured since I was doing my oil cooler adapter gasket and rebuilding oil cooler I would replace all my hoses at same time. Looks like I'll be buying the hps silicone kit or going with a universal hose from summit when this one goes. Thanks again

Dick Ritchie

Established Member
Thank you to everyone that chipped in on this. Part found but they are extremely limited supply as these are no longer made by ford or aftermarket. From what im seeing there may only be 10-20 left in existence.. Special Thanks to CJ428mach who got me the right part #/got me pointed in right direction.

Dick Ritchie

Established Member
Hps makes complete kit for around 250 but I replaced all hoses with motorcraft ones while she was up for winter with exception of coolant crossover to thermostat (which is no longer made). Didn't want to buy whole hps set for 1 hose. Luckily was just able to source a ford one from the few that are still out in circulation
I bought the hose kit from LMR back in March 2022, glad I did now. It had all the right hoses. Did HPS stop making their hose kits?

Users who are viewing this thread