Question of the cooling mod and my cars setup

Burninout101

Established Member
So when I had the 03 heads:cuss: replaced with 04s the shop did the LDC cooling mod. So my question is it worth doing the even flow gen 2 mod?

Thanks
Burninout101

postalbunny

Established Member
I've searched around and haven't even found that much supporting evidence that the cooling mod prevents the tick... with that said, i can't imagine there being enough reason to swap style to even flow unless people start posting up that the LDC leaks etc.

I had mine done when pulling the heads to fix an valve.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
1 is good 2 is better ???

I kinda wondered this myself. I'm terrified I'll get that head tick ! When does it normally start ?

postalbunny

Established Member
You can really only do one cooling mod... the driver's side head has only one freeze plug.

I did find one post that claims his LDC leaked and he had to pull the transmission to tighten it up. That could be a pain.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
You can really only do one cooling mod... the driver's side head has only one freeze plug.

I did find one post that claims his LDC leaked and he had to pull the transmission to tighten it up. That could be a pain.

huh ?

there's one on the top near the back, and one on the back of the head ?

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
1 is good 2 is better ???

I kinda wondered this myself. I'm terrified I'll get that head tick ! When does it normally start ?

I don't know if it starts during a certain point in mileage, but more at a point of abuse. The reason I say that is there have been several threads where people have reported experiencing it after high speed runs and 5th gear boost pulls. I drive my car very aggressively at 60k miles. I think that if it were going to come it would have happened by now, but I don't try any high speed runs and I keep an eye on my coolant temp.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

No,you can do 2.The Evenflow goes into the rear freeze plug on the rear topside of the head,and the LDC goes into the back side,thus the reason to remove the tranny.

Users who are viewing this thread