Question? H&R ss Springs and 1"spacers

terminatd

Established Member
Thinking of getting the H&R ss Springs and the 1" spacers on my vert with 18x9 afs wheels (275's). Has anyone got this combo (or similar), I am concerned about the fender rubbing?

Black306

Established Member
I don't have H&R springs, but I did run 18x9 AFS wheels, Nitto 275/35/18 tires, and H&R 1" spacers with Motorsport J springs (about a 1" drop). No problems whatsoever. I've even hit a few good bumps compressing the suspension quite a bit. I'm now running 18x10.5 AFS wheels, Michelin 315/30/18s, and MM 1/4" spacers (face of the rim between 18x9s with a 1" spacer and 18x10.5s with 1/4" spacer is the same). No problems with rubbing on with my current combo either.

terminatd

Established Member
Black306,

Are you running the stock isolators with the J springs? I believe the J springs are the same as the Eibach Pro kit. The h&r's may be too low and the J's or the Eibachs were my next option. The measurements put the tire real close to rubbing the fender lip. These afs wheels are tough to get into Canada without paying a fortune.

Black306

Established Member
Originally posted by terminatd
Black306,

Are you running the stock isolators with the J springs? I believe the J springs are the same as the Eibach Pro kit. The h&r's may be too low and the J's or the Eibachs were my next option. The measurements put the tire real close to rubbing the fender lip. These afs wheels are tough to get into Canada without paying a fortune.
Yes, I'm running the isolators. I'm not sure which version of Eibachs they are, but the J springs did come in an Eibach box. Its my understanding that Eibach ProKit springs drop the car more like 1.5" though.

Users who are viewing this thread