Question for you turbo guys

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
Since all(or almost all) of you had to change cross members which then necessitates the swap of arms and springs, I figured I'd ask crossmember questions here. I know there are lots and lots of crossmember brands, but what about their configurations? I know some will allow use of the oem arms, but what about the oem spring locations? Do they ALL have to use coilovers or do some retain the bucket for stock spring use?

bouncer18

Established Member
the only way you can go away from doing coil overs is to get Springs Plates.. (whihc cost more)

i BELIVE that AEM makes a kit that uses springs... not sure... but yes, there is a company that makes them

TRBO VNM

there is a K that uses stock spring location, I don't remember which, but there is something out there.

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
there is a K that uses stock spring location, I don't remember which, but there is something out there.

I just put a QA1 K in my car. It includes spring perches so you can use the factory springs. Be forwarned, It changes the suspension geometry drasticly. It widened my track by at least two inches (about an inch on each side), I had sportlines in the car and it lowered it another inch. I ended up replacing my a arms with fox body arms and changing the springs to moroso drags.

I would contact the manufactures and ask them about the geometry changes and go with the one that keeps you closest to stock. You should be able to purchase the spring perches from QA1. I think Maximum Motorsports also has them.

Users who are viewing this thread