question for the guys with a solid rear

hotshoe77

Established Member
What are you guys doing about your exhaust with you guys that have a solid rear axle and not the independent rear suspension. Any input would be helpful thanks.

i guess my question is. can i use a 99-04 gt exhaust system with the solid rear axle.

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
keep in mind you will need the muffler hangers, places like 50resto sell them, american muscle might also. Not many used exhausts come with them as the guys with the sra exhausts need them so they dont take them off. I got lucky and my magnaflow sra catback I bought used came with them.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
I Got almost brand new set of 99-04 catback for sale MAC. Pm me. Would this fit on a 83GT ? If not o plan on hacking them on that one.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
I Got almost brand new set of 99-04 catback for sale MAC. Pm me. Would this fit on a 83GT ? If not o plan on hacking them on that one.

why in the world would 99-04 stuff which is "mod" stuff fit an 83 gt which is "pushrod" stuff.

muffer pipe location is different

header flanges different

bends are different

not even close to a fit. its not even worth hacking it up to try....

jesus please think before you post something like that

the answer is no freaking way will it fit

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
I actually think they will fit, from looking at both catbacks looks like the main differences are just the mounts/hangers, which you could get fixed up at a local muffler shop cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread