Question for the 1%

ecoastkid

Established Member
Sway bars will do it. Hotchkis sways for moderate increase, Hellwigs for all you can get increase.

Is there any data listed for these things? How is stiffness measured in swaybars?

I have the Hotchkis but hey...if the Hellwigs are that much better maybe I'll switch.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Is there any data listed for these things? How is stiffness measured in swaybars?

I have the Hotchkis but hey...if the Hellwigs are that much better maybe I'll switch.

tim skelton has a write up on em. The Hellwigs are MUCH stiffer than than the Hotchkis units. When I pick up my TVS Hellwigs will find their way into the setup

ecoastkid

Established Member
Just looked up the sizes...

Hotchkis fronts are 1 1/2 " (Hollow)
Hellwigs are 1 7/16" (Dont know if they are solid or Hollow)

Hotchis rears are 1"
Hellwigs are 1 1/8"

ecoastkid

Established Member
The more I think about it, the less I am inclined to change from the Hotchkis to the Hellwig. I was moving around an exit on sunday night and never dropped below 60. my truck was flat... how much more flat could it get?

This doesnt have to do with only the swaybars, but herre is a MM&FF article of a TVS install on a Lightning. Their speed in the slalom went up 11 MPH!!!
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.c..._svt_lightning_hotchkis_suspension/index.html

Last edited:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
The more I think about it, the less I am inclined to change from the Hotchkis to the Hellwig. I was moving around an exit on sunday night and never dropped below 60. my truck was flat... how much more flat could it get?

This doesnt have to do with only the swaybars, but herre is a MM&FF article of a TVS install on a Lightning. Their speed in the slalom went up 11 MPH!!!
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.c..._svt_lightning_hotchkis_suspension/index.html

I have the Hellwig and I wouldn't suggest changing either. Actually after I get some more track time on my setup I may be changing bars to the Hotchkis. The last time I was on a road course its seemed to oversteer a bit but I want to verify that some more before I go spending more money. Springs and shocks are your suspenion, bars (and other things) are intended to tune your suspension from there.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The advantage of the TVS is that it's a full system that is designed to work together. If you start mixing and matching parts it's hard to tell what you'll end up with. Plus the weight penalty with the Hellwig bars is pretty significant, even on an already heavy truck.

Users who are viewing this thread