question for R owners

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
any of you R owners own or previously owned a Saleen? What do you think of the Saleen compared to the R?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by pimpinSaleen
any of you R owners own or previously owned a Saleen? What do you think of the Saleen compared to the R?

Terry M has a S351, next time he checks in I'm sure he can answer your question.

Brian

Andy M

Established Member
Michael,

I have a friend who has an S351 and it definitely scoots!! If you are asking about performance of a Saleen vs. a Cobra R, it is probably a wash - IMO. I think the differences will be slight in a straight line acceleration test, and the R will probably have an edge on a road race circuit because of its suspension setup.

Bottom line, the Saleens are wonderful cars, and yours is beautiful by the way! I think guys who get the R's from SVT however are looking for something a little different. There is something about a factory-built racecar that gets the juices going, especially when there are only 300 of them.

Enjoy your toy!

clarksniper

: A friend of mine has 2 - 281's. They are beautifull stangs and quite comfortable. I cruised Woodward with Steve Saleen this year in his 351. I like the car and it's pretty fast and has a great interior complete with A/C and a radio:)
If you are going to drive it all the time, take the Saleen. If it is a dry weekend day car, take the R. My .02

Terry Moenich

Established Member
I had a '99 S351 So I dont bash Saleen, ( I told them I would never do that) lets just say I like the 00R a bunch better. Saleen did provide ME with good service, but I micromanaged everything to get it. TOO many problems!!!!!!!!!

My s281 is fine, but when you start adding HP the clutch is weak.

Terry Moenich

Established Member
One more thing to note At Road America in 2000 I ran the best lap at 2:51 in the S351 and this year with the 00R i went 2:49.

Both cars had G-Force R1A's

Think about resale..........00R all the way

Users who are viewing this thread