Question for Naz and/or guys running a ported intake

Bite Me

Established Member
My next move on this car is going to be LT's and from what I am gathering a ported intake.

So here is the question, I dont have the cash to drop on heads as well. So, just dropping a ported intake on is cool correct? I am from the old school, havent worked with mod motors, just push rods.

Another question, what exactly is this ported intake going to do for me. I dont want to do a short runner. At some point its going to be FI, but thats after a rebuild on the motor. What sort of gains, and where in the rpm are they going to be?

And finally, sorry, what is going to compliment this setup. Does the stock TB work just fine, is it worth the money to get a new TB? If so, what TB should I be looking in to?

Sorry for the long list. Just want to get my plan of attack going before I begin so I dont waste time and money on something I am going to change out in the end.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
The intake flows much better all around and should give you a nice increase under the powerband. Its not going to be a billion HP but you'll notice it.

Its perfectly fine to run on the stock heads. Also Naz can make it a Ported Short runner in which he can make the runner length optimal for you. Extend the powerband with next to no loss anywhere in torque. Send him a PM with your specific details and goals with the car and he will get you on the right track

Nazman

Established Member
Nazty Performance -Your Source!
Stock TB is fine.
Check out the dyno sheet in the link above.

Thanks for posting the link!

Yes, those are typical gains with one of our ported intakes! The one in question (dyno sheet) the owner decided to go "test" the intake on the streets while waiting for the dyno time lol! By the time he got back to the dyno the car was heat soaked and the EEC killed the power on top by pulling timing and going richer!

But, dont be afraid of our Ported Short Runner intake! Its making some killer power even on stock cammed cars and further more....even with the little crappy cams on the Mach/Aviator/Marauder!!! Here is a dyno sheet of a completely stock Automatic Marauder (same as the Mach 1 auto) these numbers are after a ported intake by Steen Racing!

03-04Marauder_NaztyPortedShortRunne.gif

Keep in mind that the stock factory tune on the Marauder is very, very, very conservative and the EEC will pull tons of timing and add tons of fuel on the top end...killing any type power potential on top!

On a 99-01 Cobra results would be even more dramatic!

Let us know how we could help you!

Naz

Users who are viewing this thread