Question for Hossier guys.

mrlrd1

Established Member
Mine do the same thing. I just rotate them side to side so the little flaps face the other way. Usually every couple hundred miles they get I rotate them.

I do the same, although I run ET Street Radials. The concept is the same for all soft compound tires. It's due to tire slip with a cold tire. You need to make sure the tire is up to temp BEFORE any type of hard acceleration. Adjusting inflation will have no affect. Finally, you say you don't do any burnouts? Well, there is most of your problem!!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
my et drag radials look like that a little bit. they hook pretty good if i lower the pressure and heat them up.

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
Its called feathering. and the tires are so pure with rubber it happens. If your not constantly burning them(cleaning a layer lol) then they will do this. rock on i hear it helps with the hook on the street but no evidence it does...

BayareaSS

Established Member
That's normal. I've 4 sets in my garage right now and the 3 sets I've used look like that. I've taken them to 140 and never felt like they were unstable. Probably depends on the car

Users who are viewing this thread