Question for Hossier guys.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Just wondering if Hossiers should look like this, there has been no track passes just street driving and no burn outs. They dont really seem to get sticky like a standard DR when you burn out but they do hook in 1st no problem.

photo_zps0cab8aa7.gif

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Just wondering if Hossiers should look like this, there has been no track passes just street driving and no burn outs. They dont really seem to get sticky like a standard DR when you burn out but they do hook in 1st no problem.

photo_zps0cab8aa7.gif

I dont know about drag tires, but I do know about motorcycle race tires and that looks like "cold tear" to me.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
What does that mean sorry? Like they havent been heated yet?

In motorcycle racing, you get cold tear when you dont have the skin/carcass up to a high enough temperature and the skin of the tire tears or sometime chunks away. It could be from running to high of pressures, not allowing the carcass to flex and heat up. Also could be because your not working the tire to put enough heat into the tires.

Are all of those tears like little "flaps" that you could put your fingernail under?

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
This is a motorcycle example of cold tearing. You notice it is only on a strip of the tire. That strip is where the rider is getting on the throttle hard after a corner, when picking the bike up. The tire is too cold and it is tearing the outter layer of rubber instead of neatly "shedding" it.
792199_10153100617215417_139318477_o_zpsaad81815.gif

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Are all of those tears like little "flaps" that you could put your fingernail under?[/QUOTE]

Yes pretty much this, if i rub it some will fall off as well not alot just alil, so what should I give them a lil spin burn out on a smooth road? Aslo I figuard to run them at 30psi on the street.

Last edited:

candyroush

Established Member
When just cruising around on the street I keep the pressure up around 38psi. It will help prevent this and will last long. when you want to race drop the pressure. It still does its to an extent but not nearly as bad

Last edited:

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
This is a motorcycle example of cold tearing. You notice it is only on a strip of the tire. That strip is where the rider is getting on the throttle hard after a corner, when picking the bike up. The tire is too cold and it is tearing the outter layer of rubber instead of neatly "shedding" it.
792199_10153100617215417_139318477_o_zpsaad81815.gif

Nice chicken stripe! Haha makes me miss mine! :-(

19935.slow

Established Member
As suggested, up the pressure on the street; however, if you always drive your car around on those tires that wont stop it. They will wear way faster than an et drag. I loved mine.

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
Mine do the same thing. I just rotate them side to side so the little flaps face the other way. Usually every couple hundred miles they get I rotate them.

gamebred26

Established Member
wow i run mine like 23-5 psi on the street 17-18 on the strip...ill take a look at them when i get home to see if they look like that.

Rambro

Established Member
My buddies Hoosiers always looked like that as well. They were also the most unstable DR on the top end that I've ever experienced.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
My buddies Hoosiers always looked like that as well. They were also the most unstable DR on the top end that I've ever experienced.

I agree at wot they feel like ur going side to side but then agian we have to remember there not made for the street, they do hook the best tho and I have had all DRs.

Users who are viewing this thread