Question for guys with moser axles...

mustang addict

Established Member
I broke an axle and upgraded to moser axles.

Here's my problem...I'd like to keep the stock length wheel studs but noone seems to make one less than 3.1" long that I can find.

What did you guys do? Run open ended lug nuts? Or did you find a stud that's the right length?

Thanks in advance!

mustang addict

Established Member
Man I tried to put the stock studs back in but they don't hold at all.

Moser says to use a .625 knurl and ARP says all they have is 3.1" long.

TORQJNKY

Strange Engineering sells 1/2"x20-2" press in or screw in studs. A3121 are press in, about $ 20.00 for the set. The A1025 are screw in about $21.00 for the set. I ordered the Strange 31 splines for my car with 2" screw in studs.

Last edited:

dale.baker

Established Member
Installed the Strange Street axles last weekend. Used their press in stud kit for $20. Make sure that you press/drive the studs into the axle before you put the reluctor ring on. Also a tip on the reluctor ring: The interference fit is much tighter on the new axles. Soak the new axle in ice water for 30 minutes before attempting to press the old ring onto the new axle. Also take your time removing the old rings as you can snap them by being over zeleous. Do not apply heat for any reason to the reluctor ring as I have heard that it ruins the magnetism properties. Lastly, disconnect the battery cable before you remove the sensor from the backing plate. This way the computer will not have to learn again when you install the old rings on the new axles. Every light on the dash was on after I changed my axles and reset themselves after going about 100 feet. Great product plus a little piece of mind. Hope this helps as there is no information on this forum or the internet as to the reluctor ring removal/installation procedure.

mach330

Established Member
Installed the Strange Street axles last weekend. Used their press in stud kit for $20. Make sure that you press/drive the studs into the axle before you put the reluctor ring on. Also a tip on the reluctor ring: The interference fit is much tighter on the new axles. Soak the new axle in ice water for 30 minutes before attempting to press the old ring onto the new axle. Also take your time removing the old rings as you can snap them by being over zeleous. Do not apply heat for any reason to the reluctor ring as I have heard that it ruins the magnetism properties. Lastly, disconnect the battery cable before you remove the sensor from the backing plate. This way the computer will not have to learn again when you install the old rings on the new axles. Every light on the dash was on after I changed my axles and reset themselves after going about 100 feet. Great product plus a little piece of mind. Hope this helps as there is no information on this forum or the internet as to the reluctor ring removal/installation procedure.

This. We need more of this on this site. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread