Question for '13 owners

Snoopy49

Established Member
I wonder if Ford realizes just how many people rejected the $3500 SVT PP option simply because they didn't like the wheels? Maybe they will give people a choice of wheels in 2014 that are not tied to a packaged option?

Last edited:

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
I'm probably one of few who got Recaros and nothing else. I think in hindsight I may have opted for the Glassroof, especially since the car is a stripe delete.

I also only ordered the Recaros and I love my car the way it is. In hindsight, I might should have ordered the SVTPP just for the Torsen diff and Bilsteins, but I just didn't like the PP wheels and they were the same size and forged construction as the non-PP wheels, which I really do like.

zr1gerhardt

You can't outrun ugly!
Established Member
Make sure you like the Recaros first. I sat in a CTS-V with Recaros that had 12 way adjustments and could never get comfortable. I then tried a pair in the GT500, and still uncomfortable to me. It is a personal thing.

The other thing is the Recaros in the GT500 are manual adjusted. I just did not think a $1,500 option on a $65K car should end up with manual seats.

The base seats have been just fine.

Scott

Superhawk2002

Established Member
In the order of importance to me.

1.) Glass Roof
2.) SVTPP
3.) Nav system (only for all the cool features you can use with it - esp w/ lockpik)

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
I agree with the point about the recaros, if you fit, they are a MUST have. Obviously not if you don't. I love the NAV too, but have to vote Glass Roof over that...it made a HUGE difference. You could always get a Garmin, but I wouldnt cut my roof later.

1. SVTPP
2. Recaros
3. Glass Roof

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Simple car for us just wanted the recaro's we will never track the car probably would not have minded the added coolers but very happy with our car!

Penemyone

Established Member
PP, TP and Glass Roof were a must for me. EP and the cover were added also. No track/strip plans, just cruising. :coolman:

ILW84U

Established Member
I think the Nav isn't worth almost $4k when you have phones that do it, plus the Microsoft Sync that comes with the car, still has a built in navigation system which talks to you, shows you on the little screen the directions, so really only thing you don't have is the big touch screen. Not worth it.

How do you manage to do that? Is there something I am missing?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I wonder if Ford realizes just how many people rejected the $3500 SVT PP option simply because they didn't like the wheels? Maybe they will give people a choice of wheels in 2014 that are not tied to a packaged option?

I would have probably purchased the PP if I wasn't forced to use those wheels.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
The other thing is the Recaros in the GT500 are manual adjusted. I just did not think a $1,500 option on a $65K car should end up with manual seats.

Manual adjust is good, saves about 100 lbs worth of electric motors. Has anyone ever picked up a full electric drivers side 03 Cobra seat? Heavy!

440sprint

Established Member
PP, Recaros, Shaker Pro (gives u everything u asked for but nav, which goes obsolete too soon, but sub does take up rt. 1/8 of trunk). I also did SD which is free!

Other nice things that I learned mostly from forums & I ordered on the internet (except tires):

My recommended "accessories" added so far: trunk cargo net, rear floor mats, shorty antenna, flip key, front wheel well stone guards, Air-Raid oil-less air filter, JLT (or Bob's) PCV blow-by catch can/oil separator, locking fuel cap, drill-less front plate holder (kept in trunk tho), shorty dual 12v-USB plug, 12v pivoting Smartphone holder w/USB, Redline hood struts, Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (on my PP wheels for safety & traction)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread