Question for '13 owners

nate

Established Member
If you could only pick 3 options what would they be? I am planning on ordering a '14, but can't decide on what to go with. My first choice is the pp, but after that I don't know. Is the glass roof worth it? If it came at the expense of not getting the navigation, which would you rather have? Same goes for the Recaro seats. Logic says that get the things you can't add later, like the pp, tp, or glass roof. I currently drive a '11 f150 with the nav, and I never really use it, although I do like the phone and mp3 player integration along with the hd radio. So what options can you not live without?

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Definitely PP, and Recaros. 3rd option is up to you, as I didn't bother with a 3rd.

I think the Nav isn't worth almost $4k when you have phones that do it, plus the Microsoft Sync that comes with the car, still has a built in navigation system which talks to you, shows you on the little screen the directions, so really only thing you don't have is the big touch screen. Not worth it.

NametoShowOther

Established Member
i do not have a 2013 - looking for one. Have a 2011. It depends on what you want. Moving from an '11. I would get the recaros, PP, TP. These are the big deltas between 2011 and 2013 and the reason I would upgrade. That said I would not buy one of these without the nav/electronics pack.

nate

Established Member
Is the only way to get the track apps is to get the pp?

never mind, just looked it up.

Last edited:

USV8PWR

Established Member
Recaros, PP, and TP. While I also ordered everything else, there was no way I was gonna buy a new Shelby and leave off a check mark next to a performance option.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm probably one of few who got Recaros and nothing else. I think in hindsight I may have opted for the Glassroof, especially since the car is a stripe delete.

Snoopy49

Established Member
If there is any doubt that you will fit in the Recaro's, try to find a car that has them and try them on for size. If they fit you and your wife, you won't have to ask if you should get them, you will know.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Performance package, Ricaros, and Navigation. Navigation - does a lot more than navigation, I had an 11 with just the Ford Sync, the nav system is light years better. I use something in it almost everytime I drive. PP - I love the wheels, suspension, Torsion, etc. Ricaros - Probably the best factory seat I have ever sat in.

Glass roof is cool and all but I've had cars with sunroofs before and after a while the shade get closed and I forget it's there. Track pack, my car has it but unless you track it it's really not necessary. Shaker stereo, engine is music to my ears, standard system is good enough for me. Car cover, not worth it.

finsrin

Established Member
At first thought naw... not spending $ on glass roof.
Then was in friend's 2013 GT with glass. Changed order to include glass roof.
My three and only options are PP, glass, nav.
GT500 is on RR train right now.

king Abdull

Established Member
What ever you can afford just put it in the sack .. Logic

So go for it and Fill your sack with what ever you can afford.
PLUS the upgrades :shrug:
I guess you might need to push those horses to hit the 680RWHP :burn:
As a kick start for the heck of it you might add more :burnout:
but what ever you can handle :poke:

Giddy up 2014 people you might have a new colors
also and alot of used stage 1 upgrade parts :dancenana:

svt 500

Established Member
Definitely PP, and Recaros. 3rd option is up to you, as I didn't bother with a 3rd.

I think the Nav isn't worth almost $4k when you have phones that do it, plus the Microsoft Sync that comes with the car, still has a built in navigation system which talks to you, shows you on the little screen the directions, so really only thing you don't have is the big touch screen. Not worth it.
t

Same thing I did. PP and Recaros. Considered the navi for looks only but after talking to several dealers on resale, they all told me the average resale was 300-500 because they become outdated so fast with new tech. The track package I will never use and I'm not sure some would buy a used one with it where others would like to have it. All in personal pref. I think.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I went with Recaros, Glass roof, and upgraded stereo.

You said you never use the Nav in your truck so I seriously doubt you'll use it in your GT500. Put the money elsewhere. I didn't like the PP wheels so I left that off. I will pick my own wheels and probably go coilovers down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread