Question about Teksid blocks

rezcobra

Established Member
On a 93 and 96 Teksid blocks, will they work with an 03 Cobra? I plan to purchase one to sleeve and bore to 3.70 and have a stroker insatlled. The blocks are out of Lincolns.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
I am in the process of building a teksid blocked motor and as far as what year you want to go with the 1999 block it is the strongest and everything will work with the 99 block all of your 03 components work work on the block and fit into the k-member.

rezcobra

Established Member
04whitesvtlight said:
I am in the process of building a teksid blocked motor and as far as what year you want to go with the 1999 block it is the strongest and everything will work with the 99 block all of your 03 components work work on the block and fit into the k-member.

Thanks man! Whats the earliest Teksid block that will do the same?

rezcobra

Established Member
04whitesvtlight said:
99 was the strongest but i think any year teksid block will work.

Well 99 it has to be than if there is no other solid info inregards to an 03 cobra. :pepper:

What are the engine markings I should be aware of to make sure I get a 99 block, anyone?

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
i have not read anything about which year tekskids were the best, just that the tekskids were the best aluminum blocks. I installed a 94 (i think) lincoln tekskid in my o4 cobra.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
just because its a pre-00 aluminum modular, doesnt mean it will work necessarily. if you're junkyarding for one, the lincoln continental blocks do not work so avoid them.

FWD Blocks won't work.

poniesviii

never finished
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
My understanding is all Mark VIII blocks are Teksid blocks...regardless of the year.

That's correct.

I don't beleive there was a teksid block put in anything other than mark viii's. So '98 would be the last year. I could be wrong but I doubt it for ford payed Lotus to make them. The mark had the only 4V 4.6 until the cobra came along, I don't think ford cared to put them in the other lincolns. I don't see why the cobras didn't get them actually. They must have wanted to save weight in the lincoln.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread