Question about supporting mods for a ported blower.

hammerhead2

Established Member
I plan on porting my blower by the end of the year. Probably going with a Posi port and I will be using a 2.76 billetflow upper with no lower. I am hoping to end up close to 500/500. If it makes less thats fine too. From what I can see and have reserched most people tend to upgrade injectors, mass air sensor, and fuel pump. Just curious on which brands people were having good luck with. I was thinking of doing either the JLT or SCT mass air and going with the BAP for the bump in fuel. Has anyone had problems with the BAP and is it the better idea to just step up too better pumps? Are there other things I need to look at upgrading? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
when i had mine ported i ran out of maf so i upgraded to the bigger sct maf.
are you planning on getting retuned? if so, i would recommend to you (i wish i would have) get the sct maf, 60 lb injectors and a bap. at least you will be more than covered not only for the porting but also down the road should you decide to go twin screw it will save you money

TomballGuy05

Established Member
I plan on porting my blower by the end of the year. Probably going with a Posi port and I will be using a 2.76 billetflow upper with no lower. I am hoping to end up close to 500/500. If it makes less thats fine too. From what I can see and have reserched most people tend to upgrade injectors, mass air sensor, and fuel pump. Just curious on which brands people were having good luck with. I was thinking of doing either the JLT or SCT mass air and going with the BAP for the bump in fuel. Has anyone had problems with the BAP and is it the better idea to just step up too better pumps? Are there other things I need to look at upgrading? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I went with 60lbs., BAP, and a MAFia for mine

hammerhead2

Established Member
when i had mine ported i ran out of maf so i upgraded to the bigger sct maf.
are you planning on getting retuned? if so, i would recommend to you (i wish i would have) get the sct maf, 60 lb injectors and a bap. at least you will be more than covered not only for the porting but also down the road should you decide to go twin screw it will save you money

Yeah I am planning on getting it retuned after the port. I will probably go twin screw somtime down the road but it will not be any time real soon unfortunatley.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I'm running a ported blower, 2.76 upper and 2# lower. SCT2600 MAF, BAP, and 60#ers to be on the safe side.

I ran out of pump without the BAP on the 60#ers at about 450hp.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
With a upper only and posi port a mafia/ba2600 and bap will get you by safely. I was fine with stock injectors untill i added a 4lb lower.

03sm3341

Established Member
On mine I used
60lbs injectors
twin gt pumps
fore hat with pprv deleat
sct ba2400 maf
stage two fpdm
kenny bell "disc"

I built if for a twin screw blower but didnt have the extra cash so its got a ported eaton for now. One other thing you might want to do is port your lower intake. I did mine and beleave it helped my numbers.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
With a upper only and posi port a mafia/ba2600 and bap will get you by safely. I was fine with stock injectors untill i added a 4lb lower.

x2 on that. You need KB Bap and a MAF for sure. You really don't need injectors but they're nice to have in case you decide to get a lower pulley or go twin screw...

I have 2.76 with ported steg 4 with KB bap and no mass air. Mine isn't pegging but most people would tell you to get some kind of aftermarket maf either sct or mafia to be on the safe side!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
x2 on that. You need KB Bap and a MAF for sure. You really don't need injectors but they're nice to have in case you decide to get a lower pulley or go twin screw...

I have 2.76 with ported steg 4 with KB bap and no mass air. Mine isn't pegging but most people would tell you to get some kind of aftermarket maf either sct or mafia to be on the safe side!

Do you have any datalogs that show it's not pegging? I'd be careful man, highly doubt your maf has any room.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Do you have any datalogs that show it's not pegging? I'd be careful man, highly doubt your maf has any room.

I don't have any as of now man... However I talked to Steg and he told me that I do not need a MAF with an upper only, believe it or not :idea: Judging from my dyno graph, my A/F is constant across the board all the way to 6500rpm, and it seems like the MAF isnt pegging, if it was wouldn't my car run leaner especially at high rpms?

I am going to re-dyno it with datalogging next week though JUST to be 100% sure.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member

my stock mass air pegged with just a 2.76 upper and no port.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I don't have any as of now man... However I talked to Steg and he told me that I do not need a MAF with an upper only, believe it or not :idea: Judging from my dyno graph, my A/F is constant across the board all the way to 6500rpm, and it seems like the MAF isnt pegging, if it was wouldn't my car run leaner especially at high rpms?

I am going to re-dyno it with datalogging next week though JUST to be 100% sure.

Unfortunately Bob has been saying that for years, when we all know cars at that power level 99.9% of the time do not have MAF left (without any tuning tricks that are just bad band aids).

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Upper only I tell people mass air help and fuel pump help before the car goes on the dyno. Every car I know of has needed both of these.

Upper/lower combo's I tell them it's up to you on putting injectors in the car before it's dyno'd but it's up to them. Still the mass air help and fuel pump help though.

Users who are viewing this thread