Question about LED headlights - terminator

Status
Not open for further replies.

weaselp1

Established Member
Installed in the bike and can post pictures in a little bit. However, the pictures don't do them any justice. These things are BRIGHT, no scatter and look amazing. Not blinding to oncoming traffic either. Very impressed.

I can't wait to see them when I am actually driving. I have had many of my friends by them for their fun toys and get rid of the HID.

SVT_Cobra_

Established Member
20150221_000846_zpsbyoumb6i.jpg

High Beam- Sorry didn't take a picture of low beam.

This picture really doesn't do the light justice. This is one single H4 bulb on a Yamaha Fz-09. It illuminates the sides much more then what is show in the picture and is definitely brighter. However, it isn't glaring when you stand away from the bike and look into the light. Very satisfied. Now I just need the snow to melt so I can take it out!

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
I ordered these. I currently have HID's on my Cobra.

I'll get some pics and videos and post them after I install them. Probably won't be for a little bit though as the weather here is brutal.
I installed these the other day. I still need to align them...I hope.

I say I hope because I'm not overly impressed with them. They are very bright, but as they sit right now the light doesn't go out that far in front of me. The first 20 feet or so are perfect, I can see everything. When I first turned them on, I literally said holy s**t because they were so bright...but my car was facing a building that was about 30 feet away.

As it stands right now, if you have HID's, I don't think it's worth putting these in at all. If you have stock lights, then yes, it will be a HUGE upgrade. Install was ridiculously easy. Took like 45 minutes but that was because I spent most of the time removing all of the wires and ballasts from my HID's.

And the high beams are terrible. Barely any difference between high and low. Seriously, the high beams are very bad. The high beams on my HID's were much better.

With all of that being said, I will adjust them and come back with another review and pics and videos. Hopefully adjusting them makes a big difference because, again, not impressed so far.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I installed these the other day. I still need to align them...I hope.

I say I hope because I'm not overly impressed with them. They are very bright, but as they sit right now the light doesn't go out that far in front of me. The first 20 feet or so are perfect, I can see everything. When I first turned them on, I literally said holy s**t because they were so bright...but my car was facing a building that was about 30 feet away.

As it stands right now, if you have HID's, I don't think it's worth putting these in at all. If you have stock lights, then yes, it will be a HUGE upgrade. Install was ridiculously easy. Took like 45 minutes but that was because I spent most of the time removing all of the wires and ballasts from my HID's.

And the high beams are terrible. Barely any difference between high and low. Seriously, the high beams are very bad. The high beams on my HID's were much better.

With all of that being said, I will adjust them and come back with another review and pics and videos. Hopefully adjusting them makes a big difference because, again, not impressed so far.

Awesome, can't wait to hear your results after adjusting them

DSCobra01

Established Member
Can anyone confirm that the kit via the ebay link is the same one for sure as the link to amazon? It's looks to be about $73 more on amazon but then with PRIME I can have these in two days versus a month or more via ebay.

Am I understanding that right?

Thanks guys!

weaselp1

Established Member
Can anyone confirm that the kit via the ebay link is the same one for sure as the link to amazon? It's looks to be about $73 more on amazon but then with PRIME I can have these in two days versus a month or more via ebay.

Am I understanding that right?

Thanks guys!

I am not sure if they are the same, but I can say that my china ebay order came in a little under 3 weeks and the communication from the seller in china was outstanding. I got 3 ebay messages along the way letting me know thanks for the order, then a email stating the order was shipped and that china was going on a holiday for about 3 weeks, then a message asking if I was happy with the lights. overall, i was super happy with the purchase. I drove for the first time at night with the headlights and all i can say is wow, then are 100x better than the hids i had.

DSCobra01

Established Member
Thanks weaselp1. I have road trip coming up soon and I would like to have these sooner rather than later, but only if the product from amazon is as good as everyone says the ebay one is. Thanks!

weaselp1

Established Member
Thanks weaselp1. I have road trip coming up soon and I would like to have these sooner rather than later, but only if the product from amazon is as good as everyone says the ebay one is. Thanks!

your welcome - i ordered the fogs also with the headlights from the ebay site at the same time - with both the fogs and headlights on, it is an amazing difference! good luck!

DSCobra01

Established Member
Thanks one final question, did you go with 9005 bulbs for the fogs as is generally recommended here or did you get the 9145 or H10 bulbs instead as Huachipato recommended in post #126? Just curious on the fitment of the 9005 bulbs for the fogs if those were the ones you went with. Thanks again!

weaselp1

Established Member
Thanks one final question, did you go with 9005 bulbs for the fogs as is generally recommended here or did you get the 9145 or H10 bulbs instead as Huachipato recommended in post #126? Just curious on the fitment of the 9005 bulbs for the fogs if those were the ones you went with. Thanks again!

i ordered the 9007 for headlights and 9005 for fogs as Sav03Cobra did. Worked great for me. I did not see a 9145 or h10 from the ebay store when i ordered.

vipergts281

Established Member
Another update - I said I would update after aligning my headlights. I ordered new headlights and installed them when I installed these LEDs. For some reason, probably because they are made in China, my headlights won't adjust at all.

So, I wasn't able to get the LEDs to look any better.

I'm sticking with my first review above, I'm not really impressed with these. If you are running stock bulbs, yes, they are a HUGE upgrade. If you have HIDs already, I don't think they are really worth it. And as I mentioned before, the high beams on these are just about worthless.

They do have one upside to my former HIDs, I haven't been flashed once with the LEDs. I was flashed here and there with the HIDs.

So my final consensus is they are great for the first 20-30 feet, but beyond that they fall short.

deremer71

Established Member
Anyone bite the bullet and buy the one's off Amazon to see if they work just as good? I imagine a bunch of us don't wanna wait that long if you go the Hong Kong route.

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Anyone bite the bullet and buy the one's off Amazon to see if they work just as good? I imagine a bunch of us don't wanna wait that long if you go the Hong Kong route.

Not sure why people went the China route with the extra wiring? No ballasts or anything....Mine just plugged in? from HID guy

SVT_Cobra_

Established Member

I have bought both a set off from Amazon and the Hong Kong route and they are the same. I posted a picture of one bulb in my motorcycle earlier and just received another kit for my mustang. I have tried the HID route and am never happy with the results.

The ones from China actually came in under 2 weeks so I was quite impressed with that. The guy rowing the boat over here must have just had a Redbull!

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Not sure why people went the China route with the extra wiring? No ballasts or anything....Mine just plugged in? from HID guy

becuase it looks like the ebay kit has 3200 lumens per bulb and HIDguy's kit has 800. Big difference in light out put
Not to mention the ebay kits are cheaper because the headlights alone through HID guy cost $175 for the high output version.

I emailed HIDguy and his response was pretty uninformative and not helpful. given that sites rep I will be buying through Ebay link

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Another update - I said I would update after aligning my headlights. I ordered new headlights and installed them when I installed these LEDs. For some reason, probably because they are made in China, my headlights won't adjust at all.

So, I wasn't able to get the LEDs to look any better.

I'm sticking with my first review above, I'm not really impressed with these. If you are running stock bulbs, yes, they are a HUGE upgrade. If you have HIDs already, I don't think they are really worth it. And as I mentioned before, the high beams on these are just about worthless.

They do have one upside to my former HIDs, I haven't been flashed once with the LEDs. I was flashed here and there with the HIDs.

So my final consensus is they are great for the first 20-30 feet, but beyond that they fall short.

Did you try aligning with the HID's or OE? Maybe the issue is with your housings? My imported LED Kit mentioned earlier in this thread adjusted just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread