Question about Kenne Bell blowers...

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
What is the oil blowby, or usage issue with them that ive seen noted on some posts? I see some folks say the whipple dont have that, nor do prochargers. Can someone explain that to me so i can pick one (for the future of course!).

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oil blow by. But you can add a catch can to solve that problem.

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
I am awaiting a reply on this issue also. I paid for my blower already and told my installer to call them before the unit ships (they are built to order) to see if this is going to be an issue with mine. I will post their reply.

f2fast4u

Established Member
Horsepower by Herman makes a nice oil blow by kit, pricey yes, but it works nicely. I've got one on mine and the head has no oil leaks using it.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
KB supplies a line to vent the blower snout to the air intake, not a good idea adding oil to air intake but it would reduce the mess. The oil blows out of the snout at higher boost levels and hermans catch can works awesome. Its not a significant amount of oil but it so fine it makes a big mess.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Thanks for the reply's guys. I take it its an external blow then, not internal. Id rather clean my motor up once in awhile than have oil blowing into the motor.

Thats what i need to know. Back to finding information so i can make a choice lol.

NightEnforcer

Established Member
By your last comment it sounds as if you have chosen to not use sometype of catch system for the oil. With all due respect, that is a bad choice. When the oil blows, it blows all over your engine compartment and onto the hood liner and all over the wiring. Early on, when the KB first came on the scene, there were several guys who didn't know about the blow off issue on the KB and had it happen. They were ready to kill KB. It took them hours to clean up the oil mess. If you do not want to spend the money for the HP By Herman catch system, you should at least use the plastic bottle and tube that comes with the KB.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Oh no, by no means. I hate the mess, and hate dealing with stuff like that. Its actually almost enough to push me to a Whipple (since i havnt heard of that with them yet, but its new).

I would surely use the catch system. But, in planning, i tend to plan for worst case. Whats the worst that could happen regarding that? An oil mess. Hence why it may sound the way it does :).

Im a firm beleiver in doing what can be done to keep it right.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by f2fast4u
Horsepower by Herman makes a nice oil blow by kit, pricey yes, but it works nicely. I've got one on mine and the head has no oil leaks using it.
HBH kit is worth every penny and it looks good too. Everyone thinks the lines are for nitrous. LOL

20m-7.jpg

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
HBH kit is worth every penny and it looks good too. Everyone thinks the lines are for nitrous. LOL

20m-7.jpg

WHAT A FINE, FINE looking piece you have there!!!!

That is one of the key components of my EVIL PLANS!!!! MMWHAHAHAHA!!!

Tomorrow night gang....... tomorrow night :thumbsup:
Jimmy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread