question about alignments

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
I'm just wondering how often we need alignments on our cars. I have 20000 on mine and need one. Also will a lowered car need alignments more often.

gibsonboy3000

Established Member
usually the tires will show when u need an alignment... "/ and if the car pulls to the left or right... it really depends how bad the roads are in your area... so since i live in houston... i get one like every other year... yah the roads suck here...

Tractionless1

Established Member
I do mine once a year whether I need it or not. 2300 miles at the last one and it was out. Never hit a parking block etc. either.

Last edited:

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
thats an awesome deal. when i lowered mine with C/C plates it took me while to get my alignment perfect. at the dealership that i work its $89.95 for an alignment check which is really just a set toe and let it go. if you need rear toe or camber/caster adjustment it will cost more. so if you drive your car enough especially where there are potholes id say that is a hell of a deal. just make sure it does cover a 4 wheel alignment and that you do get a alignment sheet when its done so that you can make sure its good. believe me, there are alot of mechanics that dont know how to do alignment correctly.

gibsonboy3000

Established Member
Another thing u gotta watch out for is if your car is lowered that if they can get it on their rack without any problems or scraping... I went to 3 places before I found one that can align it... yah the wood under the ramps doesn't always work "/

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
Another thing u gotta watch out for is if your car is lowered that if they can get it on their rack without any problems or scraping... I went to 3 places before I found one that can align it... yah the wood under the ramps doesn't always work "/

wow i didnt even think of that, thanks

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i got my first alignment last month at 82k miles, after installing bruce's irs bushing kit

no setting changes were necessary to the front...

Tractionless1

Established Member
You will not face any of the associated problems above if you use a reputible non-discount type shop. I wouldn't use a $140 lifetime shop and expect magic on a lowered/altered car. I use a roadracing shop who specializes in corner weighting etc., read..........no way they can F'up my street alingment. They are the only shop I have seen adjusting tire pressures to make sure they are appropriate and at the typical level the owner runs them at for street driving. After they make adjustments they roll the car back and forth on the rack to settle the suspension for maximum accuracy.

As always you get what you pay for.

Users who are viewing this thread