Question about 2013 I just bought

ktulu1984

Established Member
It's definitely a dirty filter, lol. It's got just over 18k miles. Rear tires are 295/30/20 and fronts are 275/35/19 PSS all around. Thanks again, I do love it so far.

ktulu1984

Established Member
So I just ordered the JLT CAI 123mm housing, Ford Racing Cobra Jet TB, and JBA ORX. Should be in this week some time, but lucky me is stuck working offshore for another week and a half. I'm hoping this will put me in the mid 600s at the wheels. Anyone with a similar set up? The tune is by BAMA.

Dynobrat

Established Member
Nice thread until I saw this. ^.

Personal opinion only. I would not run a bama tune on that car or even my car for reasons not worth talking about. A V6/GT with basic boltons fine. A GT500? Never. I wouldn't even think about it.

i'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with american muscle it's simple differences in leagues of expertise.

Last edited:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I have heard some issues in the past with Bama tunes, although I have not experienced their tune on my car. The reputable tuners for our cars seem to be VMP and Lund Racing.

ktulu1984

Established Member
I never had any issues with my 2013 GT I just sold. I kept it on race tune for over a year with no issues.

Dynobrat

Established Member
Like was said. A V6/GT fine. A GT500 - NO. 'nuff said. Do as you please.

There's a reason why GT owners flock to Bama and there's a reason why GT500 owners flock to Van and Justin. The rest is history.

Sure there are others too but you always go to the place whose bread and butter is the core of their existence. Word of mouth usually takes you there, not advertising or employees or kool-aid drinkers.

Last edited:

ktulu1984

Established Member
So is there really that big of a difference even with the new lead programmer, or is is just personal preferences? Have you had any first hand bad experience with them? I am asking because if there is really an issue with it, I would think about switchin.

Dynobrat

Established Member
Americanmuscle are salesmen above everything else. If I was up against the wall and had no other choice I would still wait until I could run another tune. I would even go with a Brenspeed or even a Steeda tune before a Bama tune (remember, for GT500 cars specifically). They would probably be last. For more reasons than I care to share.

I'm just voicing my opinion and I'm in Canada. Maybe I'm just a complete lunatic and have no idea what I'm saying. But I think otherwise.

Bottom line is real simple. BAMA Performance is not the leading expert tuning GT500's. They will say different. Of COURSE they will! If they were the rest of us would be running BAMA tunes. Will a GT500 owner running a BAMA tune please stand up???!!! LOL You won't find (m)any. Did you also not just answer your own question? New. Lead. Programmer. It already sounds bad.

You don't spend $ 60k on a car and then take it to maw and paws for a performance upgrade. My opinion I know not all will agree :)

Even google GT500 Bama tune very little comes up. Do yourself a favour.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
I have no personal experience with the tunes that Van, BJ and Lund offer, but your going to have a pretty hard time finding anything negative about this group on any of the GT500 forums. The reason I asked about the BAMA tune was because I have seen some posts that question the safety of the BAMA tune on our cars.
I don't have any plans to mod my motor beyond the intake resonator delete, oil separator and AirAid air cleaner. But if I ever decide to go with a tune, I will be going with the guys that are respected and trusted by my fellow forum members. I have too much money invested in this car to leave something as important as an engine management tune in the hands of a questionably tuner.

Dynobrat

Established Member
I don't buy the lies repeatedly told by those fools. Great place to buy parts. Good service. It goes no further.

I had an 06 GT and used to linger on other forums. If you only knew how many times I read their stories about how you get a custom tune built from the ground up JUST FOR YOU used car sales tactic. Bull f-n shiiii. I should stop now lol

Last edited:

ktulu1984

Established Member
So I took you guys advice and just ordered my tunes through Lund Racing. Can't wait to get home and install my parts and tune, I'll post before and after dyno numbers.

Gr8shelby

Established Member
+1....Been there, done that. The Lund tune was my second tune and I am totally happy with it. Let us know how it works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread