Question about 03 cobra

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Wonder how much longer the DOHC will last.
$9k seems like a great deal, but I would take it somewhere for a leakdown test etc.
If you plan on going turbo, I assume you are rebuilding anyway though?

alexdaniel65

Established Member
Wonder how much longer the DOHC will last.
$9k seems like a great deal, but I would take it somewhere for a leakdown test etc.
If you plan on going turbo, I assume you are rebuilding anyway though?
Yes, I would be rebuilding the engine anyways so I’m not worried about that

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I think 9K is a GREAT price for a Terminator. Especially if you plan on rebuilding the motor anyway.

These cars are only getting older and in general most here will ALWAYS say buy it and enjoy it because it's not a collector item/investment. Then when a high mileage car like this comes up for sale people say "oh don't buy it, it has too many miles" WTH??????? Guys say drive the car and enjoy it and then say stay away from high mileage Cobra's? Doesn't make ANY sense to me.

I would buy this car at that price (it's already priced low. No need to low ball even more IMO) and then fix it up. I would have a leak down and compression test done (for me as I would not plan on rebuilding the motor if it runs strong).

I say BUY IT! As mentioned before you cannot buy just the motor and tranny for that price. In this case you're not looking for something pristine. You're looking for a project car. Like I said BUY IT!!!!!

alexdaniel65

Established Member
Someone bought the car before I could, sad day. I feel like I really missed out. Guess I’ll have to save up and get a lower mileage one. Thanks for all the advice

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry you missed out on the Cobra. You'll have another opportunity.

LOL at the newbie posting (his first and only post) a completely unrelated question in this thread. Troll?

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Little late to the party, but 9K for a terminator..... If it runs and drives fine, i'd say that's a good deal. Just have it checked and tested before completing the sale.

I certainly wouldn't be buying it if you're worried about resale value, because you'll never make money on it. But i'd buy it to beat the shit out of it and have some fun.

Users who are viewing this thread