QUESTION: 305+ on stock rear foxbody

selbyvince

Established Member
Hell I had a hard time fitting 275s on there. I would think you would need mini tubs to get that on there. Could be wrong, but I don't see it happening. I have mini tubs now and have 345s with plenty of room. Well worth it.

BLKFOX

Established Member
Hell I had a hard time fitting 275s on there. I would think you would need mini tubs to get that on there. Could be wrong, but I don't see it happening. I have mini tubs now and have 345s with plenty of room. Well worth it.

Exactly what he said. If you want anything bigger than a 295 on the car (that doesn't stick out past the fender lip), you'll have to mini tub the car.

my92gt

Established Member
I have moser stock fox length axles with sn95 flanges on my coupe with 315-35-17 nitto 555r's on a xxr 531 wheel and I don't have any chassis modifications. Fits inside the fenders but it's close call with the fire rubbing. I tried a fr500 wheel with a 315-35-17 Mickey Thompson et street with no luck on getting into fit.

nikkodnp

Established Member
Ahh, the reason i'm asking is because i have stock length axles and pony's with 245's on but i really want to go with a flush look out back, similar to what wider tires would give me -- without rolling the fenders or worrying about my tires rubbing.

I was thinking of getting spacers but i'm not sure what size would give me the look im going for without going through two or three sets just for trying.

Similar to this look
17x9 255 40 all round NT555.jpg

BLKFOX

Established Member
I'm running 275/35-18 Bridgestones on mine with a set of True Forged wheels. The backspacing is pretty dead on, I have no room to grow on either side honestly. They're pretty flush in the fender. However, I did have a set of 295 Nitto's on some other wheels before this set and my new 275's are wider than they were... I hear Nitto's run smaller.

IMG_3883.jpg

BLKFOX

Established Member
I'm running 275/35-18 Bridgestones on mine with a set of True Forged wheels (fox length axles w/ SN95 flanges). The backspacing is pretty dead on, I have no room to grow on either side honestly. They're pretty flush in the fender. However, I did have a set of 295 Nitto's on some other wheels before this set and my new 275's are wider than they were... I hear Nitto's run smaller.

View attachment 71538

nikkodnp

Established Member
That would be an ideal stance look to have right there, have you rolled your fenders to have it that flush ?
I havn't found any threads that have foxbody's with flush 16x7 pony rims so i figured it would look real nice.

What backspacing should i go with if i have stock length axles ?
I'm running BFGoodrich Sport Comp-2 Summer Tires 245/50

blownfox

Established Member
This was on my old car. Stock fox axles, 17x10.5 FR500 rear wheel and nitto's 315 and as mention before nitto's run small. I did have to roll the inter fender...

IMAG0184.jpg
>

IMAG0185.jpg

IMAG0186.jpg

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Ridetechjosh , what is your back spacing , front and rear ?
I presume the front is different than the rear ?

Users who are viewing this thread