Quality of your 'vert?

Wild Bill

Established Member
Originally posted by '90 SSC Clone
It's really so much the power issue with a vert, it would be all the safety issues with NHRA. What is the rule with a vert to have a 6 point, like 12.99 or something like that?
It's really no big deal. Like you said, looking forward to just cruising with the top down.
Sorry I thought you ment that the coup will be faster(wich hasnt been the case for me yet). At the track I guess it matters where you live.I was running 11.8s in mine and they did'nt say anything.They just made sure I had a helmet.

MikeW

Established Member
I love my 03 Vert! No complaints. It has great power. The new Mustangs and Fast Fords puts an 04 Cobra Vert up against a 04 Mach1 and a 04 GT Coupe. The Cobra won in the 1/4 and the road course. best time for the cobra was 12.77 at 111. I'm a poor driver and my vert ran 13.3 @109 stock with 2.6 60 ft times.

My daily driver is a 93 GtVert and it is ok. I had a 97 Cobra Vert B4 the 03 Vert and it was of course beeter than my 93. I drove my old 97 last year and it felt slow as mud compared to my 03. My 97 had a few mods (4:10 gears , shifter and etc.).

If youre not going to the track all the time you should get the Vert. I go to a local 1/8 and 1/4 mile tracks and never have gotten the boot for no roll bar.

GET THE VERT!

Good Luck:D

nhcobra

Grandpa
Established Member
:thumbsup: My vert has been great. Quality is top shelf. I like the material used on the Cobras far better than what is used on the standard Mustangs. It is supposedly the same material they use for the Jags. Ride is solid and quiet. The boot is a problem. I whish someone would come out with a soft leather replacement boot.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
How much do you hate that boot cover? It makes me mental that such a POS cover was given to us with the car. I have looked for a few aftermarket covers but none are much better unless you go hard cover and do a rear seat delete. I like the look of the top covered, but not when the cover looks as bad as ours.

Now mine on the other hand is perfect when installed. I cant believe it. My orginal one had a stain in it they replaced it and it thought my new one was going to be bad and it was even better!

I seen the ones that are poor fit and cant belive it. As far as wind noise there is none. Its awsome with the top liner and new material used from the Jag. I have a small jap in the seal and everthing fits so well I dont want them to adj it. afraid they might mess it up. to get it to seal. I dont drive mine year round or even threw a car wash or rain. Certain things I thought best to leave alone. But no noise from that seal.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
How much do you hate that boot cover? It makes me mental that such a POS cover was given to us with the car. I have looked for a few aftermarket covers but none are much better unless you go hard cover and do a rear seat delete. I like the look of the top covered, but not when the cover looks as bad as ours.

Mine is great fitting cover, No awsome fitting. I had to replace it because it had a stain I ended up getting a unblievable fitting one. What are the chances of that? I think most people should complain the car has 3/36 bumper to bumper. Give it a try.

Top is great no noise great Jag material now and nice liner to stop noise.

kencobra

Face Down In Cabo
Established Member
This is our 4th vert and we love them. The boot cover does suck though. I almost lost mine at 65mph last saturday. I had to reach back and grab it right before it was about to blow off. Glad there weren't any GM guys around.

'90 SSC Clone

Established Member
Hey thanks. You guys have give some really good info. I'm getting pretty excited about getting a vert now.
Now we may hold out and get a vert in the new body style.
I really appreciate everyone's replies.

Buddy

Established Member
Originally posted by '90 SSC Clone
The wife and I are thinking about getting a new Cobra 'vert. How do you guys and gals like the fit and finish of your tops?
What about wind noise and so on?
I have never owned 'vert, so just trying to get some info.

Thanks in advance.

:beer:

My 2003 is my 4th Cobra Vert; previous years were '96, '99, '01. Without a doubt this is the best. Really like the high quality fabric top used in the Jags. Inner liner is the best yet. Quieter than all previous models, even at highway speed. Almost as quiet as a coupe. Cowl shake is still there and the huge torque and HP require full length sub frames. Mine has the full length sub frames, jacking rails and cross braces; it is like a rock without affecting the ride quality. The rails really bring out the handling capabilities. Water seal is good except through a "laser wash" where I get a few drips at the juncture of the side windows / top seal. Best high performance value on the market today for a vert.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
lost the boot at 90mph one nite on a dark highway. Not fun dodging trucks to pick up your ripped up cover. I have a new one that'll serve for show and parade duty. Get a vert. Even in the cold midwest, WELL worth it on those sunny days.

qmcobra

Established Member
I test drove a Zo6 and loved it. However, I went with the cobra because of it being a "vert". I like my cobra so much that I am starting to become a Ford guy.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by OH3Cobra
lost the boot at 90mph one nite on a dark highway. Not fun dodging trucks to pick up your ripped up cover. I have a new one that'll serve for show and parade duty. Get a vert. Even in the cold midwest, WELL worth it on those sunny days.

I took mine to 140 once of course on a close course;-) and the top held fine.

'90 SSC Clone

Established Member
Well hopefully the quality will be there on the new body style. Also hope they get the boot issue corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread