Q's on pulling the motor

98(oBra\/ert

Established Member
Which way is better, pullin the motor up and out or dropping it down? I have a lift also, which is already makin it a little bit easeir. Any key points or any tips that might make this less pain full? Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
If you drop the transmission, and maybe the bellhousing, I'd prefer coming out through the top. Of course, then you have the cooling system components to remove, but that can be done without hardly spilling a drop (yeah, right :bs: ).

A lot of owners would opt for removing half the suspension system, and taking it out from the bottom.

Now, for the kicker ... I've never taken a Cobra engine out before :nonono: , but I know from experience that once you start to raise an engine, using a chain & the proper engine hoist attachment, you can control the movement of the engine very easily - rocking it carefully, making it go exactly where you want it to.

I know I'm going to take a hit on this one ... :eek:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I prefer removing it along with the K member.

No hit here Dano, there is no best way...both suck.

ponynx

Established Member
i always take them out through the top , i leave in the radiator and fan as well . pull the transmission and remove the hood, and out it will come with ease ! just watch the plug on the side of the master cyl. !

Lazerred98cobra

Established Member
been there twice! Out throught the top worked fine! It was already mentioned but i took off the hood and never removed the rad or fans. You can put it back in with the tranny attached to!

Users who are viewing this thread