Q & A Session... - Ask a Ford Dealer

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Why is the push button start not standard on the $60k+ 250 when it’s standard on cars 1/3 the price?
Huge convenience not seek keys every time you get in.

does ford have an oem(look quality) way to add it aftermarket?

I dunno if its because of fleet sales but I always wondered why they didn't have PATS when everything else did. I just saw on FB where my engine builder had their brand new platinum superduty stolen over night, thankfully they got it back 2 miles away stinking like weed.

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
Will sync 3.4 ever be officially offered for the 2019 super duty (currently at version 3.0, build 19205)? I know you can manually download off the net and install using a usb drive but concerned about my warranty and the possibility of bricking the head unit.

Dusten

Established Member
Will sync 3.4 ever be officially offered for the 2019 super duty (currently at version 3.0, build 19205)? I know you can manually download off the net and install using a usb drive but concerned about my warranty and the possibility of bricking the head unit.
Sync 3.4 only works on rigs with 3.3 or higher. The hardware is different. If you have 3.0 that's where it stops.

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
"Officially" works on rigs with 3.3 or higher. There are guys running 3.4 on 2019's that were at 3.0 but it is not an automatic update through Ford pass. Maybe they replaced the apim?

Dusten

Established Member
"Officially" works on rigs with 3.3 or higher. There are guys running 3.4 on 2019's that were at 3.0 but it is not an automatic update through Ford pass. Maybe they replaced the apim?
Yes they did. It's been discussed ad nauseum on the 6g mustang forums.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
@13COBRA When you find out what your 2021 GT500 & GT350 allocation will be? And what kind of deposit would you want to order one?

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Hers one for ya. We have a 16 Edge with Sync 3 version 2.3. Originally the car with non nave head unit. I bought a 16 head unit with nav. So now I tried to update the sync and it says it cannot because the head unit is not what came with the car. Is there any way to get this to update? The car sees it and recognizes its serial number and all just will not update.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA When you find out what your 2021 GT500 & GT350 allocation will be? And what kind of deposit would you want to order one?

I'm not sure, second year is always kinda silly. Ford hasn't even announced their going to build 2021s.

Hers one for ya. We have a 16 Edge with Sync 3 version 2.3. Originally the car with non nave head unit. I bought a 16 head unit with nav. So now I tried to update the sync and it says it cannot because the head unit is not what came with the car. Is there any way to get this to update? The car sees it and recognizes its serial number and all just will not update.

Good luck. A lot of those modules will be VIN specific for updates.

Best luck would be trying to take it to a Ford dealership to see if they can rewrite the VIN in the head unit.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Search sync update on focusst.org

There are a few write ups with people swapping head units and making it work

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I'm not sure, second year is always kinda silly. Ford hasn't even announced their going to build 2021s.

Ok, Thanks. When I'm ready to pull the trigger I'll give you a shot at it.

T56LS102

Established Member
Hi @13COBRA , last year I bought a 2018 F150, I was able to get all rebates and 0% for 66 months using a program call "flexbuy" is this program still available? (Zip code is 90603)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hi @13COBRA , last year I bought a 2018 F150, I was able to get all rebates and 0% for 66 months using a program call "flexbuy" is this program still available? (Zip code is 90603)

Yes. Basically same rate as a 60 month term, just for 66 months.

They take the amount financed, cut it in half. The first 36 months you pay the first half, the second 30 months you pay the remaining half. Depending on the amount financed, the last 30 months your payment may significantly increase.

96dreamer

Established Member
What are your opinions on Lemon law buyback vehicles? I've been keeping an eye on the market for 15/16 6.7s and have seen a number of them with buy backs from California. It shows up on the carfax as a branded/lemon title. Does this hurt resale as much as a salvage? Should they just be avoided all together?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What are your opinions on Lemon law buyback vehicles? I've been keeping an eye on the market for 15/16 6.7s and have seen a number of them with buy backs from California. It shows up on the carfax as a branded/lemon title. Does this hurt resale as much as a salvage? Should they just be avoided all together?

99% of all Lemon Law/Buybacks are from California. You can get a car bought back for just about anything, i.e. buyer's remorse.

It kinda depends case by case. If it's a BS buyback, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. If it's electrical or mechanical, I stay away from them.

It does lower the resale value. ALSO, a lot of banks won't loan money against a branded title (salvage, lemon law, etc).

Established Member
Bought a 13 Focus titanium, one owner, arizona most of its life car. Very clean and 98K. Was thru a friend of a friend, who thought the trans recall had been done. Looking thru the records that came with the car, cant see anything. Slight chatter when first taking off if you gun it, but other than that pretty nice, tight driving car. Now the bad. Just dropped the pan to change the oil and there is a bit of oil running down the side of the transmission, like from the starter area. Can't see any form of a leak. Then I see this latest court thing has a 100K limit on the clutch, and I was about to take it on a long road trip, which will probably put it over 100K. Any input would be appreciated.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Bought a 13 Focus titanium, one owner, arizona most of its life car. Very clean and 98K. Was thru a friend of a friend, who thought the trans recall had been done. Looking thru the records that came with the car, cant see anything. Slight chatter when first taking off if you gun it, but other than that pretty nice, tight driving car. Now the bad. Just dropped the pan to change the oil and there is a bit of oil running down the side of the transmission, like from the starter area. Can't see any form of a leak. Then I see this latest court thing has a 100K limit on the clutch, and I was about to take it on a long road trip, which will probably put it over 100K. Any input would be appreciated.

I would take it in to the dealer and describe the symptoms you are experiencing during take off. They have seen enough they should be able to duplicate it, maybe even better than you can, and get it replaced. I hope you got it for dirt ass cheap, replacement is only gonna last you a limited time before it goes again and you are either dealing with it or paying out of pocket. They are great cars but manual transmission is really the only way to go when buying one. Good luck.

IA Shelby

Established Member
How does someone even locate a dealer who has an allocation for a ford gt350 r heritage edition short of calling every dealer in the country. Is there a number at Ford corp that could direct?

Established Member
Yes, got it for a song. Especially for condition. Was hoping someone might have an idea where oil could be coming from to run down the front side, slow leak of some sort, as I haven't been able to find the source. When I dropped the cover (8 easy torx bolts), didn't see the normal pooling stains at the bottom like most pics show when the seals are toast. This was fresh oil coming down like from the starter. Also, there was a little green retention clip of some sort. Can't figure out where that came from either, but sure wouldn't rule out that the issues are related. Trans doesn't scare me in the least, and clutch kit at $329 really isn't that bad either, but the software, now that's a different subject. Watched several hours of Youtube on the trans, and I think the concept is pretty cool, but obviously the execution has issues.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How does someone even locate a dealer who has an allocation for a ford gt350 r heritage edition short of calling every dealer in the country. Is there a number at Ford corp that could direct?

Nope. Would literally have to call every Ford dealer in the country... those cars, unless the dealer does a great job of marketing that they have them...will show up and be sold off of the showroom floor for an exorbitant amount of money.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Nope. If there was, shady ass dealers would not be able to lie about shit like they do. Thankfully Nick is not one of those SAD mf’ers.

Users who are viewing this thread