Putting on Eaton belt help PLEASE !!!

notagt

Established Member
2003 Cobra motor put in a Mach. 2.93 upper, 4# lower, 3.50 pulley with full Metco pulley set. I removed belt off upper to put in an alternator so belt still on the car (and it was on good so size should be correct and a non-factor). Is there a trick to getting belt back on ? Hell it got twisted between upper and first pulley and that was hell to get straightened out. Does something need to come off or do you just do it with tensioner? Do you put belt on bottom or top pulley last ? Is it really a 2 man job ? It is really tight, was a b+++h just to get off, guess that is good for no slip but makes installing hard. Any tips or trick to put this belt on would be appreciated, looks like it will be alot more difficult than putting a P1SC belt on. A routing diagram would help as well, so close to firing car up, way out in the country with no neighbors so most of the time try or have to do stuff with no help..thanks in advance for the help.

notagt

Established Member
Just looking for any tips on getting blower belt on. It was on when I bought the motor, the Cobra 2 belt deal is new to me as well as the routing on the blower belt, I am kinda confused on what "what??" meant lol

01yellercobra

Established Member
He was asking for tips because the belt is very tight. He had a hard time getting it off. He was wondering if removing a pulley would make it easier. Like the guys that remove the snub idler in order to get the belt on.

notagt

Established Member
Thanks guys, gonna try it, looks like it may be easier to put on ribs and push flat side on an idler

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
aux idler is the last to be put on when reinstalling the belt. for whatever reason its the belt part to slip the last part of the belt on, sc pulley before the aux i believe

Users who are viewing this thread