Puttering Problem

Jr Mint

Established Member
Hey guys, I've noticed in my 03 that when i hit the gas half-full throttle i get a puttering through my exhaust but can't tell if I get powerloss or not. I'm thinking I do. The check engine light is not on, so i'm not sure what it can be. I'm thinking maybe the fuel filter? Anyone ever experience this problem?

Jr Mint

Established Member
I am at 45000 miles, and i just bought this car so I'm not sure....Does this sound fairly normal if those things haven't been done??

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
OP,what mods are done to the car?If nothing,do what they said above.Especially the fuel filter.

Jr Mint

Established Member
Thanks guys, I changed the fuel filter cuz I figured I needed to anyways. Didn't solve anything. Then I changed the plugs, and in the number 8 cylinder, I guess the guy who had it before me had the car washed, and a little water got in it and ruined the plug....got all the water out, put new plugs on, and she runs like new again!

Thanks a lot

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Thanks guys, I changed the fuel filter cuz I figured I needed to anyways. Didn't solve anything. Then I changed the plugs, and in the number 8 cylinder, I guess the guy who had it before me had the car washed, and a little water got in it and ruined the plug....got all the water out, put new plugs on, and she runs like new again!

Thanks a lot

AHH,the old water in the COP well.Glad you got it figured out.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread