Put the 5.0 on the dyno :)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Im not sure on what gear, ill ask next time im over there. What is the difference between the 2 if i may ask?

4th gear will also net more rwhp numbers, where as 5th is the appropriate 1:1 ratio.

wbt

Banned
That's a difference of 2%. Drastic might be a bit of an overstatement.

Does 400 or 390 sound better to you? Not trying to be a dick about it and also not trying to burst the OP's bubble but there is more than meets the eye here and I fully believe unintentional/unknowingly.

Couple of factors that really need to be accounted for....

1. Gear the car was in for the pull....in the vid it sounded like there were 3 shifts and the pull was very short.

2. Rear gear in the car.

Both of those factors have an impact on the numbers.

It's fun to look at dyno numbers to compare against others but the rubber meets the road at the track. Dyno should be used as a tool to measure gains from mods. That is my O.

BTW - I am a firm believer in dyno days with multiple of the same cars with similar mods. There is value to be had with that. :rockon:

jas11151990

Established Member
it was a 5th gear run and ya kinda are man not to be rude i have 373s......are you like jealous mine put down good numbers or something? Because you seem very determined to try and say racing is where you know where you have hp and not a dyno?

Last edited:

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
it was a 5th gear run and ya kinda are man not to be rude i have 373s......are you like jealous mine put down good numbers or something? Because you seem very determined to try and say racing is where you know where you have hp and not a dyno?

Because it is true. A dyno is nothing but a tuning tool and your numbers are average.:thumbsup:

wbt

Banned

Been down the track many times and to the dyno a few times:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5iP0v6E4y8"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT Dyno[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkGUd4ZwxRI"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT vs. RAM Diesel[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDATLHJtzWY"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT 11 sec.[/nomedia]

I am not calling you out but I believe there was missing information about your dyno that required investigation. Nothing more. I am not one to take something at face value and may come across as crass when I ask for more info.

BTW - a couple of posts back you said you weren't sure what gear it was dyno'd in and you are positive it is 5th now?

/scratches head....:shrug:

jas11151990

Established Member
i understand it is a higher dyno number but i can verify that everything was in order for correct numbers, please believe me on this i dont feel like having a back and fourth trying to convince you, nothing personal

Last edited:

wbt

Banned
i understand it is a higher dyno number but i can verify that everything was in order for correct numbers, please believe me on this i dont feel like having a back and fourth trying to convince you, nothing personal

That's fine man. Time to take it to the track and get some numbers. :rockon:

AMChrisRose

Keep in mind that while STD numbers are usually higher than SAE, they are both correction factors.

This! STD and SAE are both correction factory. They're also usually within 2% of each other. Both are a good representative, with STD usually being a little higher. I wouldn't say a "dramatic" difference, but a difference. This is what some companies do to "push their numbers over the edge" like in this example.

The difference obviously gets worse and worse the higher horsepower the application.

Whocares05050

Established Member
Pretty average. now you got a base. on a dyno jet, i put down 411whp with just catback and intake with tune. peak numbers tell little though, its what you gain in the midrange.

Users who are viewing this thread