Put O/r "x", And Bassani Cat Back, Lost Power

lemonademan

Established Member
I Just Installed A Bassani Cat Back, With A Bassani O/r X Pipe. The Car Really Feels Slower. I Have The Mid Length Headers Also, But Have Not Put Them On Yet. Also There Is An Anoying Slight Rattle When Ever You Are On It. It Almost Sounds Like There Is Something In The Muffler Rattling ??? It Is Way Too Loud For Me. I Am Putting The Cats On Asap. I Have The X Pipe With An Option For Cats, Or No Cats. I Dont Know If They Are All Like That. The Muffler Is A See Thru, And I Have The Baffles In The Tailpipes.
Anyone Have Any Imput??
Thanks

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
The rattle in the sound of your exhaust is because of your o/r X pipe. Cats would definately help reduce the rattle, quiet it down somewhat and possibly improve the sound, lol. The only reason why I would say that your car might be slower is because your combonation of boost/exhaust set-up, you probably are losing a # of boost and with less back pressure for having no cats.

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
I have the same x-pipe for my 96 and when I run it without cats it makes that same rattle and as soon as I put the cats on it goes away and also cleans up the sound of the exhaust "alot", I have the cats on now and a Bassani catback with no baffles and it's actually louder than when I first installed it due to the packing in the mufflers breaking up. Without cats it's louder but that rattle is annoying, it was only noticeable to me in the car at certain points throughout the rpm range and was very faint outside of the car. Cats or no cats it sounds mean, an especially in your case with boost, I would run it with the cats. Take those baffles out too if u put the cats on.

lemonademan

Established Member
thanks alot guys. I just put the cats on, holy sh*t!!, what a difference.. It sounds great now and it feels like it gained a ton of power. rattle gone!!

Users who are viewing this thread