Purchasing Cobra In Canada, Any Issues Driving Back Across Border Into USA?

Joe5.0

Established Member
Hello SVTP just wanted to try and find a piece of mind answer on here if possible. I have worked out a deal to purchase an 04 cobra from a member on here. The catch is the car is located about 10 minutes north of the border in Surrey, B.C., (2 hour drive for me)but is a Washington State registered car.

The other issue is i am not allowed into canada for bogus legal reasons, and the seller is not allowed into the USA for citizenship issues at the moment. I have a few close friends that are willing to go up there with cash and buy the car.

Just trying to see there will be any issues driving the car back over the border after the sale is completed? I think a signed title proving release of ownership should be enough considering it does have WA plates and is still registered in WA State.

Any input helps a lot fellas!

Thanks

Joey

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Moving this to Roadside for more exposure. Maybe somebody with some real life experience can help out.

If you have NO VALID, HELPFUL COMMENTS, DO NOT REPLY!

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
Your going to need whatever is required in Wa to transfer ownership/sell and register a used vehicle.

On top of that i would get a certified letter from the seller stating he has sold the vehicle to you. Get this to a notary public so its good as gold. On your end get a certified letter stating that you are giving your friend permission to drive the vehicle that you purchased back into the US. get that to a notary public or whatever is acceptable in the states to make a letter legal paperwork and certify everyone is who they say they are.

Include all information as you can VIN Drivers licenses of the driver, contact information.

But you should really call border services and discuss it with them, that way you get exactly what they want

Users who are viewing this thread