Purchased this nightmare of a 10th anniversary

CodyWilliams904

Don't buy parts there. I hate assbook.
I don't plan on it unless it's someone I know locally. Everything I typically buy is new anyway. Appreciate the heads up. The guy is actually out of Spring Hill and owns Topwater Culture. He also wouldn't meet me at his house which was kind of fishy. I should have known better to be honest. I am too quick to trust someone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RichM1983

Established Member
The car must be undriveable with the Whipple and the 4:10s. I was in the same boat as you but my car had 80k miles and cost a good bit less but didn't have the upgraded supercharger. I have a lot of time in it but in the end the car is completely sorted and yours will be too. Enjoy the process and the car.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
OK what is 'assbook'. There is apparently a filter on the site that changes a word to 'assbook'.

N/M - I think this Facebook...derp!

CodyWilliams904

The car must be undriveable with the Whipple and the 4:10s. I was in the same boat as you but my car had 80k miles and cost a good bit less but didn't have the upgraded supercharger. I have a lot of time in it but in the end the car is completely sorted and yours will be too. Enjoy the process and the car.
It is drivable but I will probably go back with a 3.73 or 3.55. It spins until 4th on street tires and will spin 4th if the tires are cold.
Radials should solve some of those problems. I will run it at the track with the 4.10 just to see how much changing the gear makes in et and not using 5th.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
3.27's are your friend if you're gonna change gears with a twin screw IMO.

I always thought I heard 3.55's were the sweet spot with these cars. Unless you go Turbo then people went to 3.27's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxCobra76

Established Member
Congrats on the new pick up! Hate that it wasn't what you thought it would be from the get go but as stated earlier you'll get it right.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Piasared

Established Member
Good looking car. I've been rebuilding mine for the past 2 years and after awhile you get everything fixed and it won't matter. Always something with a 13 year old car and specially high-performance cars

CodyWilliams904

Good looking car. I've been rebuilding mine for the past 2 years and after awhile you get everything fixed and it won't matter. Always something with a 13 year old car and specially high-performance cars

Oh yeah. I'm well aware. Came from a 900whp evo 8 that I built over the last 5 years. Motor let go for the last time at fl2k and I parted it out so I know the game all too well. Just irritating dealing with it all right off the bat.

Users who are viewing this thread