Pulling tranny. Engine support?

kr3w239

Established Member
To everyone else that have pulled the trans, did you use any engine support? one of those fender to fender engine supports? bottle jack with wood under the oil pan edge? Nothing just pulled the trans and left the engine?

I've searched and I've only seen really one post within a thread.. I kind of want more then just one post. Thanks in advanced guys

itSSlow98

Established Member
Just undo the bolt from the trans to the bellhousing, then support the trans with a jack and undo the trans crossmember. No reason to touch the motor.

Mystic03

Established Member
if you're just pulling the tranny there is no need to support the engine..thats what the k member is for

kr3w239

Established Member
Thanks for the reply's but wont the motor pivot on the motor mounts and rock backwards? Do I need to stick some wood between the k member and oil pan to stop the pivoting or?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Thanks for the reply's but wont the motor pivot on the motor mounts and rock backwards? Do I need to stick some wood between the k member and oil pan to stop the pivoting or?

Sure the motor will tilt back a little but not enough to hurt anything. Trust us.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
it's gonna help anyway to tilt it back when you are reinstalling the input shaft. don't worry the engine can tilt forward or back slightly, but it aint going anywhere

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
In my case it tilted forward slightly, so when it came time to re-attach the bell housing and later the trans itself I had to borrow a 2nd jack (main one was holding trans) and slightly lift at the front of the oil pan to tilt it back.

MTBSully

Established Member
in my case it tilted forward slightly, so when it came time to re-attach the bell housing and later the trans itself i had to borrow a 2nd jack (main one was holding trans) and slightly lift at the front of the oil pan to tilt it back.

+1

65fastback2+2

Established Member
In my case it tilted forward slightly, so when it came time to re-attach the bell housing and later the trans itself I had to borrow a 2nd jack (main one was holding trans) and slightly lift at the front of the oil pan to tilt it back.

this...it'll rock forward slightly

Users who are viewing this thread