pullied cobra vs wicked supra

Speed_Demon1965

Established Member
Originally posted by BigBeez03
Impressive video. Looked like the Cobra held it's own in the lower gears, probably due to better midrange torque. It didn't look like they were going 150+mph, hard to tell at night I guess.

Nice to include the Vette kill at the end of the vid, so we can all go home with a little redemption :).

That last car (the red one) was an RX7.

Sounds like that Cobra needs a KB! :rockon:

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by JaysGreenLX
I have seen VR-4s in Buffalo. Buffalo for godssake!!! They aren't that rare.
Exactly at the drags yesterday there were two in a field of only 50 cars or less. Hey linky no workie still I wanna see vid

A Fuzzy Bunny

Future Banned Member
Established Member
Originally posted by SuperTrooper
Here is the supras #s
Single turbo Supra - 530rwhp @ 17psi, 600rwhp @ 22psi.

Here is the Cobras' mods w/ no #s
that cobra has intake, offroad xpipe, stock catback, 13psi pulley, some sort of ecu predator tuning tool, methanol injection (which wasn't being used during this race) an aftermarket afm and bigger throttle body...

So it had a CAI, MAF, TB, pulley, predator, and an X-pipe? I guess thats good for about 450-470rwhp. Thats still a good 60-80rwhp difference :eek:

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Shawn here @ SOCALDIABLO said his KB's here with his 91 octane tune are averging about 580 rwhp @ 17 PSI, I think that would give it a run, which I think I'm going to just put up the money and go with that, I'm tired of just barely getting into the 500 mark with all the bolt ons including the Apten. So I will have an Apten Eaton for sale soon ;-)

Last edited:

A Fuzzy Bunny

Future Banned Member
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra4pt6
even if that cobra had a kb, that supra woulda still beat it

I doubt it. A KB swap on a bone stock cobra has said to yield around 530rwhp by itself. The KB and his current mods should put him near 550-570rwhp, enough to hold off that poopra, I mean Supra :D

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
that supra is sick!! both of them can shift real good, the cobra has good low end power, but that supra was just to much, nice vid and props to both of the drivers:bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread