pullied cobra vs wicked supra

blacksrt

Established Member
cobra has pulley, intake, exhaust, and chip.

Supra's at about 530 HP at 17psi (which is what I think this race was at) and 600 at 22......

vid

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
Damn! I guess the Supra is the Japanese version of the GN. Time for some more mods for the Cobra. ;-)

A Fuzzy Bunny

Future Banned Member
Established Member
Can you be more specific on the Cobra mods? What size pulley? What do you mean by intake, CAI? What do you mean by exhaust, catback? A pullied, chip, CAI, and catback Cobra is good for about 450rwhp depending on the pulley size. Does that outcome look as if there was roughly an 80rwhp difference? I guess it does.....

elmo0244

Established Member
what mods on the snake that supra just sucked him in damn turbo's wicked on the hiway.i had problems keeping up with a srt-4 on the hiway with a 75 shot on my accord i did'nt have good bottle pressure about 780-800 i would left at 930-940 psi

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
WOW

Supras are no joke.

A friend of mine who is really into Japanese cars once told me that you might hear a lot of stuff about Japanese cars being ungodly fast (3000GTs, RX7, Skylines) and that a lot of the time its BS. However, when someone is saying it about a Supra, its probably true.

GAMEOVER

Established Member
Sorry dude, but tou got your ass whooped. Don't worry, it's happened to all of us. My buddy has a low 9 sec. street lagal supra, I know how you feel.:nonono:

errray's 03 svt

Established Member
supra's are no joke. a friend of mine has a mkiv supra with 800 rwhp. it's very hard to beat. he took me for a ride and dayum. i almost shitted in my pants.

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Originally posted by errray's 03 svt
supra's are no joke. a friend of mine has a mkiv supra with 800 rwhp. it's very hard to beat. he took me for a ride and dayum. i almost shitted in my pants.
:lol:

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
Originally posted by JaysGreenLX
WOW

Supras are no joke.

A friend of mine who is really into Japanese cars once told me that you might hear a lot of stuff about Japanese cars being ungodly fast (3000GTs, RX7, Skylines) and that a lot of the time its BS. However, when someone is saying it about a Supra, its probably true.

Most likely if they even say they have a skyline their full of shit =P

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Impressive video. Looked like the Cobra held it's own in the lower gears, probably due to better midrange torque. It didn't look like they were going 150+mph, hard to tell at night I guess.

Nice to include the Vette kill at the end of the vid, so we can all go home with a little redemption :).

SuperTrooper

Can't get the last word n
Established Member
Here is the supras #s
Single turbo Supra - 530rwhp @ 17psi, 600rwhp @ 22psi.

Here is the Cobras' mods w/ no #s
that cobra has intake, offroad xpipe, stock catback, 13psi pulley, some sort of ecu predator tuning tool, methanol injection (which wasn't being used during this race) an aftermarket afm and bigger throttle body...

Corvewhat

Established Member
Originally posted by JaysGreenLX
WOW

Supras are no joke.

Japanese cars being ungodly fast (3000GTs, RX7, Skylines) and that a lot of the time its BS. However, when someone is saying it about a Supra, its probably true.

3000GTs arent fast unless they are VR-4s, which are extremely rare, RX7s can be very fast, the just require modification....and skylines, well, if you get the chance to race a skyline, or much less drive one......:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

SuperTrooper

Can't get the last word n
Established Member
Originally posted by Corvewhat
3000GTs arent fast unless they are VR-4s, which are extremely rare,

Not flaming you, but here in the Tampa Bay area...they are about a dime a dozen. Hell they have an entire 3000GT "club" around here and a good portion of them were true VR4s. Hell, I even had a neighbor at an old apartment complex that owned one and allowed his two young (8 or 9) put little stickers all over it. What a waste, but oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread