Pullied Cobra vs STI

Svtcobra188

Established Member
So last Thursday night, I was on my way to my girls college in philly. It's always a long boring drive, all highway of course. I was in the fast lane cruising and jamming out when I noticed a newer body style black impreza in the right hand lane. It wasn't until I got closer and saw the three red letters that said STI on the trunk that I got excited. It was completely tinted out, lowered, black rims, catback, pilar gauges etc. It looked awesome and sounded sweet, as I pass by him at my cruising speed I look over at him and and he's sitting there stone faced with no emotion. And I think to myself of course he doesn't want to have a friendly pull.

So I'm on my way, i continue on and pass a couple cars when i look in my rearview he flies up on me super fast and i hear his BOV. I make my way into the right lane so he can get next to me, and as i make my way over he flies right past me in the left lane. As he is ahead of me he revs it and see flames and its popping and sounds like sex . And so the pursuit was on. I downshifted into 3rd and quickly got behind him as we were merging on route 42. All i can think is i hope he doesn't get right off before we have a chance to go.

AS we merge onto 42 and we go around a couple cars we FINALLY get next to each other. I'm in 4th at around 65-70 so not ideal, waiting for him to beep, but instead he just hits it. I hit it in 4th and he pulled half a car ahead, but i quickly stopped that and began to pull a couple cars before letting off. He took the Ben Franklin bridge exit as I took the Walt Whitman :nonono:

Wish I was in a better gear, but it is what it is. For the record, I'm running a 2.81 pulley, off road x pipe, bola stingers, and jlt ram air making 473rwhp and 495rwtq. I assume he had exhaust maybe intake and tune? But not sure.

Zemedici

Established Member
So last Thursday night, I was on my way to my girls college in philly. It's always a long boring drive, all highway of course. I was in the fast lane cruising and jamming out when I noticed a newer body style black impreza in the right hand lane. It wasn't until I got closer and saw the three red letters that said STI on the trunk that I got excited. It was completely tinted out, lowered, black rims, catback, pilar gauges etc. It looked awesome and sounded sweet, as I pass by him at my cruising speed I look over at him and and he's sitting there stone faced with no emotion. And I think to myself of course he doesn't want to have a friendly pull.

So I'm on my way, i continue on and pass a couple cars when i look in my rearview he flies up on me super fast and i hear his BOV. I make my way into the right lane so he can get next to me, and as i make my way over he flies right past me in the left lane. As he is ahead of me he revs it and see flames and its popping and sounds like sex . And so the pursuit was on. I downshifted into 3rd and quickly got behind him as we were merging on route 42. All i can think is i hope he doesn't get right off before we have a chance to go.

AS we merge onto 42 and we go around a couple cars we FINALLY get next to each other. I'm in 4th at around 65-70 so not ideal, waiting for him to beep, but instead he just hits it. I hit it in 4th and he pulled half a car ahead, but i quickly stopped that and began to pull a couple cars before letting off. He took the Ben Franklin bridge exit as I took the Walt Whitman :nonono:

Wish I was in a better gear, but it is what it is. For the record, I'm running a 2.81 pulley, off road x pipe, bola stingers, and jlt ram air making 473rwhp and 495rwtq. I assume he had exhaust maybe intake and tune? But not sure.

I would hope he'd have at least that to justify a pillar gauges.

Good run, maybe you'll see him around and can get a cleaner run. Guy sounds ricey as hell.

HandBanana

Established Member
Nice kill. Most subie dudes are douches. I used to be one :D

BTW OP, do you take 55 up to Mullica Hill and then take the Commodore Barry? I used to live in PA and spend my summers in Avalon.

b_dike

Established Member
Good kill op, I have yet to find an sti driver who'll play. Guess they know where they stand around here.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Good kill op. I'm sure it was your average "stage 2" sti. Downpipe, catback, intake tune . They usually put down about 300awhp.

I'll be playing with a 14 wrx built with a 18g turbo once my car is done and tuned. A kid I know down the street just got it built and still in his break in tune. I'm assuming he will be in the 350-370awhp range.

Svtcobra188

Established Member

BTW OP, do you take 55 up to Mullica Hill and then take the Commodore Barry? I used to live in PA and spend my summers in Avalon.
Yea I do haha. Or go over Walt Sometimes too.

StevoSVT

Established Member

This reminds me of the Californians skit on SNL with the talk of highways and what not haha

Svtcobra188

Established Member
This reminds me of the Californians skit on SNL with the talk of highways and what not haha

Lmao! Yep, take 47 to 55. Then merge onto 42, and get in left lane. Then proceed to Walt Whitman bridge exit after the Ben Franklin haha

HandBanana

Established Member
Good kill op. I'm sure it was your average "stage 2" sti. Downpipe, catback, intake tune . They usually put down about 300awhp.

I'll be playing with a 14 wrx built with a 18g turbo once my car is done and tuned. A kid I know down the street just got it built and still in his break in tune. I'm assuming he will be in the 350-370awhp range.

Meh, I'd be careful about that one. The new Rex's are pretty stout with mods. Bet on him sandbagging you a little bit and err on the side of caution to assume it makes 400awhp. If you have anything more than a bolt-on Cobra, you will have no problem still. Good luck!

Also, "stage 2" STis make about 280awhp untuned, 330-340awhp tuned

Yea I do haha. Or go over Walt Sometimes too.

GTFO, that's awesome. Only know a few people from Vineland, Cervinis guys, small world.

Lmao! Yep, take 47 to 55. Then merge onto 42, and get in left lane. Then proceed to Walt Whitman bridge exit after the Ben Franklin haha

Yup, good ole south Jersey! Those bridges can be a PITA.

AMWill

Nice Kill SVT!

I couldn't help but notice that you are local to us! I am a little too familiar with the bridges to get into Jersey! You know how much the women in our lives love the beach :burnout:

If you ever wanted drop by our HQ in Malvern PA, let me know! I can hook you up with a tour.

Let me know if you ever need any help!

-Will

Svtcobra188

Established Member
Meh, I'd be careful about that one. The new Rex's are pretty stout with mods. Bet on him sandbagging you a little bit and err on the side of caution to assume it makes 400awhp. If you have anything more than a bolt-on Cobra, you will have no problem still. Good luck!

GTFO, that's awesome. Only know a few people from Vineland, Cervinis guys, small world.

Yup, good ole south Jersey! Those bridges can be a PITA.

LOL small world and south jersey....pothole capital of the world -___-

Svtcobra188

Established Member
Nice Kill SVT!

I couldn't help but notice that you are local to us! I am a little too familiar with the bridges to get into Jersey! You know how much the women in our lives love the beach :burnout:

If you ever wanted drop by our HQ in Malvern PA, let me know! I can hook you up with a tour.

Let me know if you ever need any help!

-Will
Yea man that would be sweet sometime. Was suppose to head to the American Muscle show in August but something came up.

NiceCobra

Established Member

Eh maybe on a high reading Dyno. My buddy had a 2013 and got tuned at EFI logics and made 281awhp. They make around the 330 mark with full bolt ons minus bigger turbo." Bigger tmic, injectors, fp, equal length headers and turboback exhaust.

Another buddy has a 20g turbod 06 sti making 380awhp and tuned by EFI

Laztug

Established Member
Good kill!

I would say it was a catless stage 2 sti.
My sti should be hitting the streets with its new HTZ 3586 real soon!

AMWill

Yea man that would be sweet sometime. Was suppose to head to the American Muscle show in August but something came up.

SVT,

Well, Now you can't use that excuse this year! You definitely missed out last year but on the bright side, this year will be bigger and better than ever!

Let me know if you ever need anything!

-Will

HandBanana

Established Member

Eh maybe on a high reading Dyno. My buddy had a 2013 and got tuned at EFI logics and made 281awhp. They make around the 330 mark with full bolt ons minus bigger turbo." Bigger tmic, injectors, fp, equal length headers and turboback exhaust.

Another buddy has a 20g turbod 06 sti making 380awhp and tuned by EFI

Nope. Don't really care what your buddy's buddy's cousin's buddy's car did. I've owned the cars and experienced it firsthand. TBE, intake and BOV and canned tune made 280awhp, Cobb protune made 332awhp with same mods, FP green with fuel mods and headers made 418awhp. I'd put that 418awhp STi up against my bolt-on tuned Cobra any day of the week from a dig.

Users who are viewing this thread