SLP cat-back
2.8" pulley
315 555r's

91-96 300zx tt
Exhaust
Big front mount
Sounded like HKS SSQ BOV
not sure what else

Went from a 25mph roll, he honked it off, both jumped on it the same time, guess he had some traction problems because I just hooked and took off, shifted to 2nd and he's already 2 cars back, shut it down a little into 3rd and he's a good 4 cars back or so, so it had some decent power, just couldn't hook it up from a 1st gear roll. Stock they run low 14's so he must have had some work done. He came up next to me rolled down his windows, him and his buddy gave me a thumbs and said, "you smoked me man!" and I laughed and complimented them on a clean 300zx and then we parted ways. All in all pretty fun little race. These 555r's were the best thing I've done so far, I know there are better tires, but for my power level these are perfect.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
There used to be a local one that ran 10.3s, like a lot of cars they can be made fast.

Good kill..

ModularFan

Established Member
+1. The 300zx TT can be made into a monster, much like the 03-04 Cobra's.

+1 God himself created the 300ZX TT and Supra, with the right mods and turbo's etc on the ZX he would have been a more decent outcome. those cars are quick, I use to want one a while back.

Those VG motors are very strong and durable, they use to be in the 3rd gen maxima's. they can do some damage.

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Any car can be made into a monster with the right amount of $$$

No really? :bored:

Noticed how I compared it to the 03 Cobra? The 300zx TT with simple bolt ons can produce decent numbers. The factory long block is pretty stout, much like the 03 Cobras. With minimal mods they can be monsters on the street.

I've wanted one since I can remember, that and a 3000gt VR4. Sick cars that were well designed from the factory. Much like the 03-04 Cobras.

ModularFan

Established Member
Ive never seen a fast 300z either,I hear of them but must of them are stock,there rare around my parts I see more fast vr4's and supras then i do 300z's,

visit 300zxclub.com and you"ll see what were talking about. as a matter of fact Ill post a video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdQkmCBSCf8&feature=fvw"]YouTube - HD - 454ci Camaro Z28 vs 650hp Twin Turbo 300ZX[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSeXEjtovzE&feature=channel"]YouTube - 900hp Twin Turbo 300ZX vs ZX10R 60 to almost 200mph[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gu1OfHefMM&feature=related"]YouTube - 300zx vs 04 Cobra[/ame]

Last edited:

02gt4v

300 zx sr71

300 zx sr71 i dont know who builds them but with the upgrades dyno 600hp to the wheels running low 10's seen them at mti when it was open and was dyno my car since then seen 3 on the road

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
I used to own a 300zx that had some decent upgrades and I could pull Gsxr 750's with it from a roll. Top end you really dont want to race a 300ztt thats got mods. Now from a dig you can usually hurt em because they have axle hop like you wouldnt believe. 3rd gear in a Z will run to I believe 100 and 4th is around 140ish if my memory serves me right. Z upgrade tech has come along way in the last couple years and 600 horsepower is pretty attainable. They are however a b*tch to work on....V6 two turbos, two intercoolers, and absolutely no knuckle room.

ModularFan

Established Member
I used to own a 300zx that had some decent upgrades and I could pull Gsxr 750's with it from a roll. Top end you really dont want to race a 300ztt thats got mods. Now from a dig you can usually hurt em because they have axle hop like you wouldnt believe. 3rd gear in a Z will run to I believe 100 and 4th is around 140ish if my memory serves me right. Z upgrade tech has come along way in the last couple years and 600 horsepower is pretty attainable. They are however a b*tch to work on....V6 two turbos, two intercoolers, and absolutely no knuckle room.

you are correct, the engine bay's are tight in them things.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
My 1990 300ZXTT ran damn good. Had full bolt on's JWT 530 BB turbos. Ashley Powers flew in from Florida to tune mine and my buddies 300ZXTT. We both were tuned on meth using the Zemulator.

Stagedz, 4th gear does go to 140mph. My car did not do well from a dig with street tires, but from a roll the car was nasty, especially in the triple digits.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Ive yet to see a 300ZXtt actually in running form. see shitloads of n/t's on the road.

like a bunch of high HP dsm guys, they spend outrageous money on rediculous motor builds with awesome turbo's, but the cars never seem to make it out of the garage.

6D9

Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread