Pullied Cobra vert vs 5.0 vert

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
5.0's and 03/04 Cobra's both weigh 3600-3650. Where are you getting this magical number?

100lbs is not going to make up for the 100+ RWTQ the Cobra has on a bolt-on 5.0, not to mention the difference in HP.

holzmach

Established Member
pullied cobra is thrown around like that is all that you can do to the eaton. you end up with a bolt on gt vs a pullied cobra debate. i think that it is forgotten that you can port and add a lower combo to that eaton. it seems like the 5.0 owners forget about that and dont bring it up because that would be a /thread.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
5.0's and 03/04 Cobra's both weigh 3600-3650. Where are you getting this magical number?

100lbs is not going to make up for the 100+ RWTQ the Cobra has on a bolt-on 5.0, not to mention the difference in HP.

Power band on the 5.0 is no joke they pull forever with a boss mani.. Don't let there tq fool ya ;-) They also have a badass tranny that coupled with 3.73s makes that tq gap that much less of a advantage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Power band on the 5.0 is no joke they pull forever with a boss mani.. Don't let there tq fool ya ;-) They also have a badass tranny that coupled with 3.73s makes that tq gap that much less of a advantage.

Yeah, TQ is useless.

Even though Pullied Cobra's have faster times than a full weight bolt-on 5.0, they must be slower because the 5.0 is just that ****ing great.

SVTPete83

Established Member
I have seen first hand a new 5.0 with bolt ons and bigger fuel injectors run 11.0@120. The car had x pipe, catback, slicks and skinnies, and was tuned for e-85. Of course all 5.0's are not doing this but seems to me this particular one would beat a pullied cobra. That being said I have a boosted 4.6 and love the thing. Cant we all just be happy Ford is making some great cars and call it good?

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Yeah, TQ is useless.

Even though Pullied Cobra's have faster times than a full weight bolt-on 5.0, they must be slower because the 5.0 is just that ****ing great.

uh the pullied record cars all have weight reduction.. Bolt on 5.0s have been 10.8s and have only been out 2 years lol

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
I have seen first hand a new 5.0 with bolt ons and bigger fuel injectors run 11.0@120. The car had x pipe, catback, slicks and skinnies, and was tuned for e-85. Of course all 5.0's are not doing this but seems to me this particular one would beat a pullied cobra. That being said I have a boosted 4.6 and love the thing. Cant we all just be happy Ford is making some great cars and call it good?

I agree man I was just saying that while the cobra has a tq advantage the 5.0 has other advantages as well.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
uh the pullied record cars all have weight reduction.. Bolt on 5.0s have been 10.8s and have only been out 2 years lol

Musclefans car weighs nearly 3900lbs and ran 11.4 @ 122?

Cobrastruck ran a 10.86 with slicks/skinnies, upper only, no port.

The bolt-on 5.0 you are referring to has every bolt on, manifold, slicks, skinnies and is running E-85.

musclefan21

Established Member

cobras have a lot stronger 3rd and 4th gear. I gained 26mph from 1/8 mile to 1/4 mile in my pullied only cobra.

I have a very close friend with intake, tune, exhaust and 3.90 gears. I ran against him in my mild bolts on GT with 4.10s and he had 3.31s and he was able to go 1-2 cars ahead of me by mid 4th.

I can very well go and run against his car which has more mods than the claimed intake tune only and I will pull more than 2 cars on him easily. I will only do this if you put cash down for this race. He is here and I will make it happen.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
cobras have a lot stronger 3rd and 4th gear. I gained 26mph from 1/8 mile to 1/4 mile in my pullied only cobra.

I have a very close friend with intake, tune, exhaust and 3.90 gears. I ran against him in my mild bolts on GT with 4.10s and he had 3.31s and he was able to go 1-2 cars ahead of me by mid 4th.

I can very well go and run against his car which has more mods than the claimed intake tune only and I will pull more than 2 cars on him easily. I will only do this if you put cash down for this race. He is here and I will make it happen.

Yea sounds like a plan :rollseyes Like I said 5.0 has advantages as well and if you don't think a 5.0 pulls hard up top then you are crazy there are many trapping 120+. There is also alot runnning 11.5 and faster close to full weight.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What you laughing at It is going to take you 2 power adders to keep up with the little 3xx tq mach :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Musclefans car weighs nearly 3900lbs and ran 11.4 @ 121?

Cobrastruck ran a 10.86 with slicks/skinnies, upper only, no port.

The bolt-on 5.0 you are referring to has every bolt on, manifold, slicks, skinnies and is running E-85.

Actually the car I am talking about does not run e85. not that it matters as alot of cars run it nowadays since it is a pump gas for alot of ppl.

Also cobrastructs car was 3570 with him in it lol 100lbs lighter then stock weight with a driver lol yea close to full weight I guess my mach at 3350 with driver is full weight too since it would be withing 100lbs of stock weight without driver

Last edited by a moderator:

musclefan21

Established Member
What you laughing at It is going to take you 2 power adders to keep up with the little 3xx tq mach :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I won't run nitrous anymore. I am bet 500 bucks right now, blower only, eaton only I will run a quicker time than you in the spring. You in? Your 3xxtq N/A mach 1 right?

musclefan21

Established Member
Yea sounds like a plan :rollseyes Like I said 5.0 has advantages as well and if you don't think a 5.0 pulls hard up top then you are crazy there are many trapping 120+. There is also alot runnning 11.5 and faster close to full weight.

CLOSE TO FULL WEIGHT? LOL I am full weight... there is a difference.

there are many cars that run hard up top, I am simply telling you a terminator has a better top end than the 5.0.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
CLOSE TO FULL WEIGHT? LOL I am full weight... there is a difference.

there are many cars that run hard up top, I am simply telling you a terminator has a better top end than the 5.0.

Yes currently you are but you also went 11.4 @ 121 not 10.x.. Sra littles up front etc.. is not full weight if you decide to take that route :thumbsup: I am simply telling you that you have a bias opinion :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread