Pullied Cobra vert vs 5.0 vert

Riptide

Established Member
I think you can see where I'm going with this. A lot of bolt-ons reduce weight. That new CAI is 3 oz. less than the stock one. So does it mean the car isn't full weight now? A person can be really, really picky and retarded about it depending on how far they wanna carry it. So there is some gray area here - and I agree that full weight cars don't have skinnies on them.

Over on s197forum check out the drag racing section and they have a couple cars that trapped 124+ with stock long blocks. However, they had some minor bolt on weight reduction done which disqualifies them from this comparison.

BStowers023

Established Member
The boss is already a tuned up version of the 5.0, weighs less, etc.

I'm talking a 5.0 GT, since that was the original comparison.

The one Cody listed was FULL BOLT-ONS and Drag Radials and trapped 122.

If you want to pull the Boss card, it is only fair to pull the Ported Card. In that case, no contest.

Pullied/Ported Cobra's are in the 10's full weight trapping 126-127 with a great driver.

Uh no we were talking about 5.0s and 03/04 cobras, you didn't specify as to which 5.0. Regardless, I'd take a full bolt on boss vs. A ported/pullied cobra anyways. You guys base things so much off of horsepower numbers, theirs a lot more than comes into play here.

BStowers023

Established Member
So the answer to my question would be NO? No full weight bolt on 5.0 Mustang Gts have run 124 MPH? Thanks. (somehow you keep getting side tracked)

BStowers, What does hihosilver have to do with the conversation? I gave you both some examples of Cobras (I didn't pick them out of a hat. I used some that I knew you would recognize). Both of you know that you can't find a full weight bolt on 5.0 trapping 124. End of discussion.

Also, Lets be clear that we are talking about 5.0 Mustang GTs (not the Boss mustang).

I'm saying don't believe everything you see/hear about on the internet. Just because they say it's "full weight" or a "pullied only" cobra doesn't mean that's all true. From what I have seen with my OWN eyes, the new 5.0s are more impressive than 03/04 cobras and yes I've seen/raced a lot of them.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Uh no we were talking about 5.0s and 03/04 cobras, you didn't specify as to which 5.0. Regardless, I'd take a full bolt on boss vs. A ported/pullied cobra anyways. You guys base things so much off of horsepower numbers, theirs a lot more than comes into play here.

:lol::lol::lol: now your stretching, I could see a pullied cobra and full bolt on 5.0 being close but not a pullied and ported cobra.

The only reason that you MS guys don't like the cobras is that they aren't N/A and that's what you prefer. I'd say there is some trolling going on with so much hate on Cobras on an SVT site :nonono:

BStowers023

Established Member
:lol::lol::lol: now your stretching, I could see a pullied cobra and full bolt on 5.0 being close but not a pullied and ported cobra.

The only reason that you MS guys don't like the cobras is that they aren't N/A and that's what you prefer. I'd say there is some trolling going on with so much hate on Cobras on an SVT site :nonono:

Why do you think I hate them? I never said that. And if pullied ported cobras are so bad then why can't I find one that can beat mine? Power adder vs. Power adder?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member

Is your car full weight?

What do you trap on spray?

You are CamOnlyWS6 on MustangForums, are you not?

I'll take Musclefans Cobra, which makes less power than you, weighs hundreds of pounds more, and runs almost as fast as your car on spray.

Oh wait, your car is apparently a solid 132-133 trapping car from a roll. Right....

A Ported/Pullied Cobra without any weight reduction (full interior since you are technical) has already run 10's @ 126-127. That is faster than any Full Weight Bolt-on 5.0 I've seen.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I'm saying don't believe everything you see/hear about on the internet. Just because they say it's "full weight" or a "pullied only" cobra doesn't mean that's all true. From what I have seen with my OWN eyes, the new 5.0s are more impressive than 03/04 cobras and yes I've seen/raced a lot of them.

Same goes for you wanting to convince us that the link Cody posted is true.

The link shows a guy posting for a friend of his, that has xxx mod, and ran xxx time, and nothing more.

At least you have been provided ACTUAL NAMES of people that have run those times. The proof lies in their posts, and they have PROVED what a Well driven/Setup Cobra will run in full weight trim.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
So the answer to my question would be NO? No full weight bolt on 5.0 Mustang Gts have run 124 MPH? Thanks. (somehow you keep getting side tracked)

BStowers, What does hihosilver have to do with the conversation? I gave you both some examples of Cobras (I didn't pick them out of a hat. I used some that I knew you would recognize). Both of you know that you can't find a full weight bolt on 5.0 trapping 124. End of discussion.

Also, Lets be clear that we are talking about 5.0 Mustang GTs (not the Boss mustang).

Correct the 124 for da and I will correct the 122 for da deal? again there is no distinct advantage quit grasping for straws. So what does that cobra in your sig run out of curiosity?

Last edited by a moderator:

BStowers023

Established Member
Is your car full weight?

What do you trap on spray?

You are CamOnlyWS6 on MustangForums, are you not?

I'll take Musclefans Cobra, which makes less power than you, weighs hundreds of pounds more, and runs almost as fast as your car on spray.

Oh wait, your car is apparently a solid 132-133 trapping car from a roll. Right....

A Ported/Pullied Cobra without any weight reduction (full interior since you are technical) has already run 10's @ 126-127. That is faster than any Full Weight Bolt-on 5.0 I've seen.

I guarantee my car is as close to full weight as musclefans car is. I wouldn't doubt my car is equal to a low 130 car from a 2nd gear roll. Don't be a derp, I shouldn't have to explain this again.

Riptide

Established Member
A couple mph in trap could be accounted for by weather differences pretty easily. However that said the fact nobody has run 124+ in a full weight bolt on 5.0 tends to support his argument. It should've happened by now if it was going to.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
A couple mph in trap could be accounted for by weather differences pretty easily. However that said the fact nobody has run 124+ in a full weight bolt on 5.0 tends to support his argument. It should've happened by now if it was going to.

Exactly...I think he was talking about the boss as far as ported cobras go. I have never seen a full bolton boss at the track. I did however see a cai tune catback car go 122 . It also put a hurting on his son in a pullied cobra :thumbsup:

I am sure somebody will eventually trap 123+ in good air if they can do 122 in postive da down here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I guarantee my car is as close to full weight as musclefans car is. I wouldn't doubt my car is equal to a low 130 car from a 2nd gear roll. Don't be a derp, I shouldn't have to explain this again.

So, what is your Race weight with you and slicks/skinnies pictures in one of your pictures?
Musclefan weighed in at 3870 which is full weight.

Sent via morse code through a fax machine.

Jroc

Established Member
N/A horsepower > Supercharged horsepower. Show me 2 of the exact same cars, same weight, same power except one is N/A and one is supercharged and tell me what wins. If drivers are equal the N/A car will win hands down. 5.0 > Cobra.

This.

You sir sound like a man who knows what he is talking about. HP for HP in otherwise = applications with everything else being equal(drivers, etc) the N/A vehicle is more than likely going to when that race. Maybe not with stock cams in a N/A car, but when smartly cammed and well tuned a N/A car is one hell of a hyperactive thrill ride that like to rush to it's redline and demand the next gear. In a bet I would take a cam only, and smartly geared 420 whp SS/WS6(the heavier Fbodies) Gen4's over a 450 whp pulleyed Cobra anyday. If you want to talk weight then throw a SRA at the Cobra, and the cars will likely be within 100 lbs of each other, and I would still put money on the Fbody. A N/A 5.0 making the same power as a Terminator is likely going to be the faster car. Overall TQ mean very little when the motors are screaming at 5K+ RPM's. TQ means a lot when it's lugging at 3,500 RPM's. If TQ was so important in a straight line race then cammed Fbodies would be no competition for a pulleyed Cobra, and they are infact very good competition for them.

The boss is already a tuned up version of the 5.0, weighs less, etc.

Wrong a Boss 302 weighs about 15lbs less than a Terminator and about 50lbs more than a 2011+ GT

Stock Boss 302 with only wheels/tires for a mod.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLmXeUflf4I"]2012 Boss 302 - First Boss in the 11's - YouTube[/nomedia]

12.28 in the 2011 Mustang 5.0 with only a Tune and Steeda CAI with Nittos running 3.31's.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH7VkyCSro4"]12.28 in 2011 Mustang 5.0, Steeda CAI & Tune, Nitto's and 3.31 gears only!! - YouTube[/nomedia]

I can show a whole bunch of stock motor 5.0 running 9's. Even with 3.31's, and stock stalls, etc. The new 5.0's are some bad mofo's and respond extremely well to mods.

chancejat

Established Member
am i the only one who thinks its funny that the 5.0 is only .4 liters bigger and has no supercharger, but yet the cobra guys hate hate hate.....the 5.0 is the better platform and has more potential.....and bone stock vs bone stock the 5.0 will win imo.....

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
This.

You sir sound like a man who knows what he is talking about. HP for HP in otherwise = applications with everything else being equal(drivers, etc) the N/A vehicle is more than likely going to when that race. Maybe not with stock cams in a N/A car, but when smartly cammed and well tuned a N/A car is one hell of a hyperactive thrill ride that like to rush to it's redline and demand the next gear. In a bet I would take a cam only, and smartly geared 420 whp SS/WS6(the heavier Fbodies) Gen4's over a 450 whp pulleyed Cobra anyday. If you want to talk weight then throw a SRA at the Cobra, and the cars will likely be within 100 lbs of each other, and I would still put money on the Fbody. A N/A 5.0 making the same power as a Terminator is likely going to be the faster car. Overall TQ mean very little when the motors are screaming at 5K+ RPM's. TQ means a lot when it's lugging at 3,500 RPM's. If TQ was so important in a straight line race then cammed Fbodies would be no competition for a pulleyed Cobra, and they are infact very good competition for them.

Wrong a Boss 302 weighs about 15lbs less than a Terminator and about 50lbs more than a 2011+ GT

Stock Boss 302 with only wheels/tires for a mod.
2012 Boss 302 - First Boss in the 11's - YouTube

12.28 in the 2011 Mustang 5.0 with only a Tune and Steeda CAI with Nittos running 3.31's.
12.28 in 2011 Mustang 5.0, Steeda CAI & Tune, Nitto's and 3.31 gears only!! - YouTube

I can show a whole bunch of stock motor 5.0 running 9's. Even with 3.31's, and stock stalls, etc. The new 5.0's are some bad mofo's and respond extremely well to mods.

Yup... :beer:

Greenwood1982

Established Member
I thought the new 2011's weight about 3,875lbs for a coupe manual?

Doesn't the terminator weight 3,665?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread