Pullied Cobra vert vs 5.0 vert

holzmach

Established Member
I doubt he backed that mph up. Again maybe you missed the 5.0 I posted went 11.2 not many if any full weight pullied cobras have done that.

Mods: AB's , LT's, o/r x pipe, boss mani , steeda cai, and custom dyno tune!

2500-3k in mods dude,

a cobra would be in the 10s with 3k in mods. :rolleyes:

you could do a lower pulley and port for that.

cat back, lower pulley, upper pulley,cai ,port, bap, tune

Last edited:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member

2500-3k in mods dude,

Yea and so could a mach. Irrelevant to the argument much :rollseyes

19935.slow

Established Member

2500-3k in mods dude,

If you want to compare a new car to an old one, mod for mod, you can't mention the prices of those mods. Cobra parts are old now and have been on the market for cheaper. This isn't a honda forum so leave that arguement to them.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
My stock motored 04 Vert with a race weight of 3,750 lbs ran a 9.99 with a small .048" nitrous jet and an auto lmao. It only had a little ole Eaton on it too.

holzmach

Established Member
Yea and so could a mach. Irrelevant to the argument much :rollseyes

no a mach will not go 10's for 2500-3k lol. just full exhaust will cost half that.
a mach is not even in the ballpark when it comes to this discussion.

If you want to compare a new car to an old one, mod for mod, you can't mention the prices of those mods. Cobra parts are old now and have been on the market for cheaper. This isn't a honda forum so leave that arguement to them.

then there is no point in this discusion. money is the base on many builds, hell we could compare any car. if money dose not matter then who cares. why is it fare to compare a car with 3k in mods to one with 15oo in mods, but the one with less monney dynos more and it runs the same if not better times.

headers cost the same, a port cost the same, pullies cost the same, cat back cost the same, cai cost the same. your old parts comment is a joke right.since a cobra is one of the most modded cars out there, the parts comment is far off not to mention it is a car that is desired. are supra parts cheap too lol, um no.

Last edited:

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
My stock motored 04 Vert with a race weight of 3,750 lbs ran a 9.99 with a small .048" nitrous jet and an auto lmao. It only had a little ole Eaton on it too.

Oh Schnap!! :uh oh: Brian just upped the ante! Any 5.0's running 9's at full race weight with a little bit of N20?

:pop:

Beetle6986

Established Member
I doubt he backed that mph up. Again maybe you missed the 5.0 I posted went 11.2 not many if any full weight pullied cobras have done that.

The 5.0 you posted was somebody posting a freinds timeslip? Who knows what exactly is done to the car (full weight?). Are there a bunch of other bolt on 5.0s also duplicating this time. There are more than a few pullied cobras that ran 11.2. You still didn't tell me how many bolt on 5.0s trapped 124mph like the Cobra in this thread. 124MPH is fast for a pulley. However, many Cobras have run the same MPH with a pulley.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
The 5.0 you posted was somebody posting a freinds timeslip? Who knows what exactly is done to the car (full weight?). Are there a bunch of other bolt on 5.0s also duplicating this time. There are more than a few pullied cobras that ran 11.2. You still didn't tell me how many bolt on 5.0s trapped 124mph like the Cobra in this thread. 124MPH is fast for a pulley. However, many Cobras have run the same MPH with a pulley.

Out of every 5.0, this is the fastest full weight full bolt-on 5. I've ever seen. A few shop cars have run 10's with similar mods, and 200-300lbs of weight reduction and full slicks in very good weather.

19935.slow

Established Member
no a mach will not go 10's for 2500-3k lol. just full exhaust will cost half that.

then there is no point in this discusion. money is the base on many builds, hell we could compare any car. if money dose not matter then who cares. why is it fare to compare a car with 3k in mods to one with 15oo in mods, but the one with less monney dynos more and it runs the same if not better times.

headers cost the same, a port cost the same, pullies cost the same, cat back cost the same, cai cost the same. your old parts comment is a joke right.since a cobra is one of the most modded cars out there, the parts comment is far off not to mention it is a car that is desired. are supra parts cheap too lol, um no.
Wrong, we are speaking of bolt ons... And yes, bov's, hardpipes, and front mounts (bolt on parts) are cheap for supras. Builds don't consist of bolt on parts either. There is a $300 difference in the price range of longtubes from the worst company out there, bbk. So I don't feel the need to look up the rest of the bolt on parts you meantioned. Think about what you are trying to say next time before you type it.

holzmach

Established Member
Wrong, we are speaking of bolt ons... And yes, bov's, hardpipes, and front mounts (bolt on parts) are cheap for supras. Builds don't consist of bolt on parts either. There is a $300 difference in the price range of longtubes from the worst company out there, bbk. So I don't feel the need to look up the rest of the bolt on parts you meantioned. Think about what you are trying to say next time before you type it.

:nonono: lol , no one buys stupid bov and hard pipes for first bolt ons. what you listed dose not even add power:bash:. a nice exhaust is gonna cost ya money on a supra. a good fmic on supra will cost ya. wow, you think!!! a set of headers for cobra cost as much as a new 5.0, but by what you say the cobras should be quite a bit cheaper. your wrong dude, move on!

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
I can attest to this. I dumped $15K into my old Mach, super charger, full exhaust, every damn bolt on, making 485 RWP. I never saw the 10s.

Weird, I saw one in person at MMP with a stock motor + D1SC run 10.80's several times on slicks/skinnies. It made 489

BStowers023

Established Member
I can attest to this. I dumped $15K into my old Mach, super charger, full exhaust, every damn bolt on, making 485 RWP. I never saw the 10s.

$15k? must be doing something wrong....There is a local Boss 302 here with an Intake, Tune and DR that traps 120-122 on a regular basis (witnessed) not sure what his best trap is.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member

:lol1:

There is a local mach with the following mods
cai-200
x-pipe-200
gears-500 including install
converter-600
stock home ported t/b-free
stock wheels
stock suspension
100 wet shot -400
tune-250
tires- 350

Total 2500 runs 11.4s :shrug: pill change $5 to a 150 would be knocking on 10s for less then 3k

Last edited by a moderator:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
$15k? must be doing something wrong....There is a local Boss 302 here with an Intake, Tune and DR that traps 120-122 on a regular basis (witnessed) not sure what his best trap is.

Exactly he traps faster then any pullied cobra that has been down that track out of the 5-6 diffrent ones I have seen :poke:

Also posi your car rolls man but 2 power adders :poke:

Last edited by a moderator:

19935.slow

Established Member
:nonono: lol , no one buys stupid bov and hard pipes for first bolt ons. what you listed dose not even add power:bash:. a nice exhaust is gonna cost ya money on a supra. a good fmic on supra will cost ya. wow, you think!!! a set of headers for cobra cost as much as a new 5.0, but by what you say the cobras should be quite a bit cheaper. your wrong dude, move on!

No one buys those yet exhaust is the only other bolt on mod besides a tune, but we are talking about bolt ons... We aren't talking about single turbo supras. A good front mount is not that expensive either. Also I just told you that bbk long tubes for a cobra is $4xx and for the 5.0 its $7xx, how is that the same?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
:lol1:

There is a local mach with the following mods
cai-200
x-pipe-200
gears-500 including install
converter-600
stock home ported t/b-free
stock wheels
stock suspension
100 wet shot -400
tune-250
tires- 350

Total 2500 runs 11.4s :shrug: pill change $5 to a 150 would be knocking on 10s for less then 3k

Holy cow!!!

You can swap jets from a 100 to a 150 shot for a whopping $5 and not need a retune?

Post a link to the guys thread that is on your forum.

Users who are viewing this thread